Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my fishneedit fixture and honestly I am impressed. I've had odyssea fixtures which are comparable in price but the quality just stands out on these, so much better than the odyssea's. :-D

So I finally got the legs on, at least with my b/f's help, there were no instructions on that. lol I also switched the bulbs around so I can control the blues and whites separately with timers i just ran out and bought this morning.

Since i have new lights and the tank is a war zone I figured today would be a good day to remove all the corals and re do my rock. I was hoping to have a bunch more bristleworms out but after the 5th one they stopped going into the trap. Smart little buggers.

Will post some pictures when I finish. :-D As always. LOL

Cool, good luck with the re-aquascaping adventure, and as always, I can't wait to see the tank!:popcorn:

I spent about 6 hours yesterday removing all the corals and the rock and re doing everything. :) Even did a little fragging work. Here are the before and after shots. I left some room in the front on the sandbed for the plate coral which I think I'm gonna move to this tank from the 125g and for a clam one day soon.
I may even take a short video later after the whites come on so you can see actual placement. I think I may actually be satisfied with the layout, at least for now. lol

Before

img_1635128_0_4d0ae690b9fa47bcc0d1122752280c1e.jpg

After

img_1635128_1_dba42eee7ba1039a8563bb786ab08617.jpg

carey said:
I spent about 6 hours yesterday removing all the corals and the rock and re doing everything. :) Even did a little fragging work. Here are the before and after shots. I left some room in the front on the sandbed for the plate coral which I think I'm gonna move to this tank from the 125g and for a clam one day soon.
I may even take a short video later after the whites come on so you can see actual placement. I think I may actually be satisfied with the layout, at least for now. lol

Before

After

It looks very nice! Good job!

Thanks guys!! I love getting feedback!

Great news! Went out fish shopping today and bought, finally, a ultra purple maxima clam. :) he isn't open yet but I will post a picture as soon as he does. Gorgeous clam, really really happy I waited for this one.

carey said:
Thanks guys!! I love getting feedback!

Great news! Went out fish shopping today and bought, finally, a ultra purple maxima clam. :) he isn't open yet but I will post a picture as soon as he does. Gorgeous clam, really really happy I waited for this one.

That is awesome! Ultra purple sounds really nice!

Ok, now you'll know that I'm a complete SW virgin..... what are those block-like things that are in the tank?

The frag plugs that each coral is attached to? i did some fragging this week and mounted most of the smaller ones and put some in other tanks too.

I have in this tank:
1 green warpaint clown goby
1 yellow clown goby
1 2 spot blenny
1 barnacle blenny
1 fangtooth blenny
and an engineer goby who will be moved out of the tank when he gets too big. :-D

Clam seems to be doing well, it's stayed open all day, can't wait to see if it looks cool with the blues only on.

Back
Top Bottom