Carl's 180 reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one else has a comment?

I finished up the canopy for the most part. Have a small amount of trim work let to make it 100%.

Wow it looks awesome. I was going to watch the video but it wouldn't load on my phone ( I always use the phone app lol) Love the Naso Tang

I really like how you made the stand white. very classy

and i like the isolated rock stack on the right side.

and the muppets on TV yes!(saw it in the reflection)

Ibrahim said:
Wow it looks awesome. I was going to watch the video but it wouldn't load on my phone ( I always use the phone app lol) Love the Naso Tang

Thanks! I'm very proud of how everything turned out. My wife was thinking it would be too big, but she likes how clean it is and how much storage were getting out of it!

And the naso is by far my favorite ( main reason for the 180 upgrade and all the swimming room in the tank) In 6 months I'm going to try either an Achilles or powder blue tang. I'd love to get an Achilles but I had 3 nasos that died in qt before this guy. which btw was almost dead and super skinny when I got him 3 months ago and he recovered very well and is the king of the tank.

But anyways back to the Achilles. Anyone have any experience with these?

I've heard they are hard fish cause of ich but so is every tang. Opinions?

BHead707 said:
I really like how you made the stand white. very classy

and i like the isolated rock stack on the right side.

and the muppets on TV yes!(saw it in the reflection)

Haha yea the muppets. The kid was watching the movie loves muppets!

I was thinking of moving the rock island over a little and maybe opening it up a touch to get a couple more caves.

If I could figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone to a site that i could link to I would post pics with the canopy that ties it all in very well.

Ibrahim said:
Achilles, Powder, and Blue tangs are the hardest to keep since they are more prone to ich.

The blue hippo I have at the moment I got when it was only an inch long just a baby. Developed a small bit of ich went through qt haven't had a problem since I've had him about 5 months now and he's double in length and tripled in girth!

Lol I said girth!

Also anyone looking to get a ecotech pump-GET IT. Stop wasting time! Absoultly the best purchase ever made!

Also if anyone is interested in that 48" coralife fixture it's for sale. Reeflux 12ks with only 200 hrs on them and 9 month balance of warranty! 350+ shipping and handling!

Reefnoob84 said:
Haha yea the muppets. The kid was watching the movie loves muppets!

I was thinking of moving the rock island over a little and maybe opening it up a touch to get a couple more caves.

If I could figure out how to upload pics from my iPhone to a site that i could link to I would post pics with the canopy that ties it all in very well.

That's sounds like a good idea. You don't need to link to this site. If you've got enough data space you could just upload it to here.

Ibrahim said:
That's sounds like a good idea. You don't need to link to this site. If you've got enough data space you could just upload it to here.

I don't have enough on the site nor do I know how to delete them on here. I'm on the iPhone app as well laptop is on the fritz

I think I decided on an Achilles. You guys think a 20 gal would be ok?

I would think a 33 long is better since it's 4 feet long and it's still small enough gallons wise to be easily maintained.

I think a 33 long would be a better choice since it's 4 feet long and still small and manageable . IPhone froze sorry for double post

Hondatek said:
I think a 33 long would be a better choice since it's 4 feet long and still small and manageable . IPhone froze sorry for double post

iPhone freeze? No bueno!!

I have a 20 already that's why I ask. The lfs that I'd get him from has a pretty good qt system for when they receive the fish. And they won't let a fish leave if they're not eating.

With that said would it be ok for the 20? I have a 29 but that's the same foot print as the 20.

Back
Top Bottom