20g cube : A Reintroduction to the Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My single Clown fish excavated the sand down to the glass. Then got bored an moved to the next spot and did it all over again, and again, and again.

Your Clownfish are looking good!

Those Palys look brighter than the group my old lfs has!

Oh I really hope they don’t start playing that game, that would get old quick. So far they just make a little divot and hunker down for the night.

I love my hydra26hd. The prime looks super nice too and just has less leds I believe.

That's much better than 5 ish inch bare spot and sand flying around every night!

Oh wow, that is excessive. These 2 are way to tiny for anything like that I believe though. Where they enjoy doing it is where I was thinking about putting a small elegance coral but not sure on that yet.

I set up my temporary light schedule to run at nights so I’d be home to watch it all while it’s only on for 4 hours. Going to start with 1 hour of peak with a 90 minute ramp up and down starting at 730. I set my color preference and then dragged it down to 20% power or so to start and I’ll start going up from there once I get corals in.

Tanks first sunrise

3LT4pkU.jpg

Also first time hands were really all the way in the tank and it felt like old times as the female (or at least the one that will become the female) attacked me non stop. Gotta love clowns, she’s gonna be a terror I’m afraid, he’s been hiding ever since

The whole clownfish domination phase is brutal! Didn’t think my male was gonna live for a little while but they usually work themselves out.

Ya he’s been doing the little squirming wiggling submission dance for about a week now, and she’s really not aggressive with him but when my hand goes in now she’s not having it and comes straight over to attack me. Ah the joys of clowns

Well the tester zoas have been going strong for a little over a week now, 2 of which are moving up to the main scape, the other 2 are going to go around back and hopefully take over the back side/right corner area. Going to the lfs in a bit looking for a couple hermits and possibly a shrimp. If I see a yasha pistol combo I’m 100% grabbing them, if not may grab a frag or 2, kinda want a toadstool or something to get a little movement in the water.

One of the new zs is still opening so I’ll post these for now, the testers

SCqDfJR.jpg

nSI9224.jpg

First of the 2 going up to the scape, actually moved them up today

7DWDqHd.jpg

And one of my favorite morphs mandarin oranges, noticed 2 new baby polyps today which I’m stoked about

B8Suqpf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom