Chemi-pure and Phos-zorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi All. It's been quite a while.

My 29g has been up and running for over a year I guess. No real issues. It has over 50lbs LR and the sand is very live. :)

I have 2 PH and also a HOB.

I bought the Orbit lighting and we had no coral and only 2 damsels (which are about to be traded in)

Issue is, I have started running the lights for full cycles and green hair algae has taken over.

I'm going to do a water change tomorrow and test tonight (I'll post after I do) but will placing Phos-Zorb or Chemi-Pure help the algae issue? It seems to have come since I began to add more lighting hours. About 12 hours a day.

I have pulsing Xenia, will these chemicals cause problems at all?

TIA,
Kimberly

I don't like to add stuff to my tank to fix things can can be fixed by me. I have notice, with new lighting I did get algae blooms.
You can reduce your lighting cycle to 8-10 hours.
What/how much/how often are you feeding?

Well, I havent been feeding too much at all.. a very small pinch every other day as I have only 2 small damsels.

I had a nice size clean up crew but I have a mantis that has taken them all out.

I'm thinking I will pull each rock, dip and scrub, replace. Try to remove the mantis and the green gunk... it's sad to look at my tank this way.

Blah!

Thanks! Will do.

I spent the later part of the evening pulling each rock out and scrubbing them in fresh saltwater, rinsing and replacing them. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I see loads of purple! :)

I will do a 25% water change Friday morning and then another the following friday.

I think I will cut back lighting by 2 hours and also order a skimmer as well.

Any good ideas for the skimmer for a 29g?

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom