Chemipure elite in reactors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madreefer420

Aquarium Advice Freak
I I'm thinking of getting a reactor and since I don't have any means of true chemical filtration I was thinking the chemipure b/c it's a mix of both GAC and GFO any ideas to this pros cons mate a better idea?

Madreefer420 said:
I I'm thinking of getting a reactor and since I don't have any means of true chemical filtration I was thinking the chemipure b/c it's a mix of both GAC and GFO any ideas to this pros cons mate a better idea?

I would not use chemipure in a reactor. A few reasons.

1.) reactors trap debris and detritus just like any other media. However the medias a changes out fairly regularly and usually no more than a month max for GFO. So the build up problem is not as significant.

2) chemipure is not designed or intended to be run in a reactor.

3) chemipure is expensive compared to carbon or gfo by weight. Also it is not comparable to the phosphate removing power of GFO.

4) running chemipure elite in a reactor will quickly exhaust its performance.

Cheaper and more effective to run carbon/GFO in a reactor.

Madreefer420 said:
Ok then what about the NPX to little fishes phosbanbiopellets

Biopellets are en entirely different type of media. I suggest thoroughly reading up on them before using them also read up on carbon dosing in general.

Would you happen to have a link on that I have been trying to look it up but no real lucki know I need to get carbon in my tank I read a huge article today about it

So from what I am reading only real down side is that zoas like the "dirty" water or is it that it just pulls so much out it shocks them but no one really says that they have lost them tottaly any ideas on this

That is an easily debated question. I have had poor performance out of softies with my pristine water where others have not had such issues. It is hit or miss...but I do believe soft corals like water a tad "dirtier".

As for the chemipure...I don't know much about it. But what I am running in my system through a dual reactor is GFO and Purigen. The GFO has been in there for quite some time and has been helping with my algae issues. Added the Purigen on the 7th, so far crystal clear water and algae has also receded.

Back
Top Bottom