coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still have to get a protein skimmer for mine. and they are still very new tanks. cycled but very new. both my 75sw and this one are at 20ppm

I don't have a protein skimmer on either my tanks, but they help nitrates rise slower. The only way to actually remove the nitrates are with algae, water changes, or a deep sand bed.

coffeetwitch said:
i still have to get a protein skimmer for mine. and they are still very new tanks. cycled but very new. both my 75sw and this one are at 20ppm

And the trates will slow down eventually. Not gonna lie, its aggravating for the first few weeks(if you already have live rock) but then it slows

huma-huma said:
And the trates will slow down eventually. Not gonna lie, its aggravating for the first few weeks(if you already have live rock) but then it slows

This small tank is taking just as long to get fully operational as my 75. It's like I've got two partial completed death stars. I hope it's a good read on your catch up.

+1 for the death star reference. But you do have to keep in mind that ammo/trites/trates are measured in concentration levels... so tank size only factors into how quick they rise. Other than that its identical. Hope that statement makes sense lol

Flirtation ability?? Lmao increasing total volume is always a benefit. As mr.x said, a big problem in a little system becomes a small problem in a huge system....

I do like to flirt. A lot. But I meant filtration. The stand that petco offers could hold a sump so it will be an option.

Talking about clownfish in kio's thread has got me thinking about mine. Lfs has ORA snowflakes. This tank has also turned into a black and white tank theme. I'm torn to wait for the black ice or get the snowflakes or just two black and whites.

I know it's a tough decision cause you can't have them all. LOL

I'm still kinda hoping in my heart I can put a set of designer clowns in my 20g rimless, but I would be torn between the black ice and the snowflakes.

I kinda can't rationalize spending $200 for a pair of fish though....even now after i have caught the fish fever i still can't do it. LOL

I paid $80 for a set of ORA mated b&w's and they unfortunately didn't survive the plague I had in the 125g when i first set it up. :-( They were my first sw fish too. things happen and I just can't help but worry that something could happen to them.

I just worry too much I think LOL. I'll find my clowns one day.....until then it's oscellaris and b&w perculas for me.

If you have the money and can stand the pressure then it's up to you. It's apparently worth the price for many people, it's just how badly do you want them.

Lol bad.

Price should be a bit more manageable if the lfs gets them in on order vs me having to pay for shipping too

I had bookmarked a site that was having a sale on ors snowflakes for 69/ piece but my girl erased it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom