Confusing Readings after water change and adding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
4/16 - added two O. Clownfish

4/18
ammo- 0
nitrite- 0
nitrate - 15
ph- 8.1
salinity - 1.022

4/19
6 gallon water change (mixed 1 day prior, proper heating) 40 gallons total in tank.

4/20
ammo - 0
nitrite-.1
Nitrate- 20
PH- 8.1

I did have an accidental death in the tank on the morning of 4/19, my small clown somehow got into my preskimmer box and the rio600 sucked him in, i didnt notice for at least 8 hours while at work, can this be the cause? i did the water change that night. Should i do another water change?

How longs the tank been setup? Did you check the ammonia levels on 4/19? Its very possible the nitrite your seeing on 4/20 is a result of the fish meets powerhead issue from yesterday. In addition how much are you feeding and have you seen the clowns take the food?

tank has been up for around six weeks now. ammonia has been at 0 for two weeks now, havent seen a change in this at all. I am feeding the fish fomula one frozen, just a really small amount, one cube lasted a week, and formula two pellets, these sink real fast and they dont get all of these. The clowns are eating both though. Can it be from overfeeding, they dont get all the food i put in because it gets pushed around from powerheads. SHould i worry yet? or wait to see if the levels drop in the next day or two.

Back
Top Bottom