Corline Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay917

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do i promote Corline algae growth? How do i maintain it?

coralline is a hassle. It's pretty on live rocks and all but when it starts to grow on your front glass and you have to clean it off every other day, you'll be starting a thread about "how do I stop coralline growth".

I guess it doesn't really matter though, as long as you do normal tank maintenance you'll have more coralline than you know what to do with. I know people say it's a sign of a healthy tank, but it stinks when it starts to get out of control.

Just let it be. Don't open the can of worms................ I thought I wanted it one time to, now I have to litterally scrape it off the glass 3 times a week while getting bittten by a clown fish because I'm to close to his leather.

i actually like when it grows on the back and on my power heads and stuff but i usually clean off my sides and front enough that there is little algea growth at all there.

I was gonna ask the same question. I also wonder how long it normally takes to start spreading? What does it look like when it is starting to spread?

thanks
Jeff

I have mostly purple coraline, it seems to spread as circular patterns on the glass. Seems a little more erratic on the live rock.

Jason said:
coralline is a hassle. It's pretty on live rocks and all but when it starts to grow on your front glass and you have to clean it off every other day, you'll be starting a thread about "how do I stop coralline growth".

I don't think you could ever have to much coraline. I would gladly scrape mine of of my glass every other day to have such pretty rocks. (and I do hehe )

If you dont like your coraline you can send some my way! :D

get a mag float and you dont need to worry about piranna clowns.

I was just wondering cause my tank is only about 12 days old,, seems to have a bunch of pink spots that kinda look like a gel. I have two rocks with plenty of coarline on it and want it to spread.

thanks
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom