Dilema. Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevyMv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to start my first saltwater tank. I have a 75 gal fresh right now on a rod iron stand. I'm buying a 90 gallon setup with live rock sand for $400.00 including sump,Skimmer and chiller, stand, light. Would my rod iron stand be able to hold this. Will my landlords wood floors get ruined? The reason I want to stick to the rod iron and not the oak stand is that my heating vent is under my tank and their is no other place to put the tank............I don't want to lose this opportunity so worst comes to worst I stick with the 75gal and use all the extra supplies with it......

Your stand was built for a 75 gal, not a 90, so without actually trying the 90, i would say no, but i would think you could find a iron stand that would hold a 90. is the 90 gal dimensions the same as the stand, needs to be a perfect fit or the bottom will blow out, and everything would be a lost cause. Personally I would find a stand for the 90 or stick with the one you have and convert it.

Water weighs about 10lbs per gallon, so if you think the stand can hold 150 more lbs go for it, though like N22 said, it would not be good if it did not fit your tank.

Back
Top Bottom