Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #621
Aquarium Advice FINatic

still nothing they said they will be getting some soon =( but everything is still alive in the tank and it has been about 2 weeks lol

Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #622
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Has been a long time since i have posted, i went through a series of bad luck on the tank, and havnt been able to stand to look at it and pretty much let it go to waste. It has been laying there fishless, and lifeless for months now except for a gsp which is the toughest thing i have ever seen, i feel like a bad person by just leaving it like that, but i have that deep feeling in my heart for fishes, and coral and a part of the ocean in my home, I have been putting in some consideration, and i am thinking of either going back and redeeming myself, and this thread and hard work that has been put into that tank. I am unsure on what i should do. thinking about just working with this tank which parameters are good, or selling the tank and buying a 28g nano cube. I am confused, and frustrated and would like some help =)

Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #623
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

wow, long time no see! lol

If you have it in you i think maybe you should give it another go.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #624
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Being honest, I'd try the 55 again. If you had issues with a 55, then a 28 will be more issues. I'm starting up a 55 and can't wait to get it going.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #625
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
wow, long time no see! lol

If you have it in you i think maybe you should give it another go.
Long time no see to you too =), there is nothing i want more than a reef. What do you think i should do? Pick up from where i left of, or buy a nanocube? I have about 350 dollars to spend on stuff other than livestock, what should i do?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #626
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'd vote use what you got.

So refresh my memory and let others know, what exactly do you have? Equipment, lights, sand, live rock etc etc...

This could be fun!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #627
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I'd vote use what you got.

So refresh my memory and let others know, what exactly do you have? Equipment, lights, sand, live rock etc etc...

This could be fun!
Ok time to crack the knuckles and ready up its going to be a bumpy ride xD.
Ok equipment list time
2 65w pure white pc bulbs
a powertech HOB power filter, i think its rated for a 70 gallon, its the biggest one they make last i checked
A remora HOB protein skimmer works great but i cannont remove the collection cup its like the salt glued it into place.
60lbs of rock
40lbs of bahamas argonite sand
2 koralia 550s
60 gallon whater heater
2 mixing powerheads
1/3 a 5 gallon bucket of salt
like 2 3foot halfinch air tubing
syphone
glass scrubber
and something i forgot to mention, something that resembles corraline, it is all over the front of my glass and powerheads and grows in spots, bot isnt like encrusting when i scrub it off it just comes of like a small pink plate of algae.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #628
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well first thing, get that skimmer working. Maybe a soak in vinegar & water will free it up. Is it stuck at the rubber band thing or inside?

Is the tank full? have you left the filter running or powerheads? Or do you need a whole new tank of water?

You do have a test kit for the water right? First thing is to get you running and then get you cycling. You might still have some beneficial bacteria floating around in there. lol
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #629
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok skimmer is sitting in laundry sink with hot water flowing into the top and the cup if free. yes the powerheads and filters where running, there is hope also my dsp that i added when this thread was up, even with the lack of light, nutrients, and hope is still alive very very pale, almost white, but came out to soak up the rays. and yes i have a water kit.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #630
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Also i wanted to know if there was a way for me to test to see if my tank is still cycled?

Tags
55 gallon, build, build thread, corner

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com