Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Epuerto

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm in the process of starting my 55 gallon tank and im hoping to get some zoa's and mushrooms later on. with a diamond goby to start of the tank right now is about to start cycling with 60 pounds of live rock and 40 pounds of sand. it has a aqua-tech 60g power filter, remora protein skimmer rated for 100g, and two power heads. ill post some pictures as soon as my phone charges =P

Here is the rock and the tank :cool:

Attachments

• phone 3 16 2011 016.jpg
    phone 3 16 2011 016.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 303
  • phone 3 17 2011 002.jpg
    phone 3 17 2011 002.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 288
You put the rock in already right? To cycle with the tank?

no not yet my sand will get here in a hour or 2 i will just wait for that
what do you think would be a good fish to put in the tank after it cycles, i was thinking a emerald crab or a cleaner shrimp to take care of algae (which i hate with a passion except Coraline lol

You need to see your ammonia spike, then the nitrites will spike the you will start seeing nitrates. After the ammonia and nitrites are zero for a few days( youll still see nitrates) you do pwc change THEN you can stock.

You need to see your ammonia spike, then the nitrites will spike the you will start seeing nitrates. After the ammonia and nitrites are zero for a few days( youll still see nitrates) you do pwc change THEN you can stock.

ok thank you, you just simplified everything

LOl Glad I could be of help. Just post your daily testing results here, we would all like to see your progress. Plus you can be sure you get cycled, we'll all tell ya! hehe

Good luck, so far looks good.

LOl Glad I could be of help. Just post your daily testing results here, we would all like to see your progress. Plus you can be sure you get cycled, we'll all tell ya! hehe

Good luck, so far looks good.

ok later on i will post what the tank looks like with sand and the rocks im on the edge of my seat waiting for it 2 arive i looked on the usps tracking page it said it was on the truck now i just gotta wait for the truck to do its route and get here:invasion:

i just tested my parameters with a test strip ( bear with me its all i got for now
nitrate-20ppm
nitrite-0 (undetected)
Total alkalinity- 300ppm
ph-somewhere around 8.2-8.4

I know the feeling! I couldnt wait for my stuff to arrive. But practice your patience now, cause you'll need it for SW.

When you feel like rushing just log in and talk fish. Or read through the articles, there are soo many bits of good information if you dig. I was really lucky that my tank cycled in less than 2 weeks, but I pretty much moved the LR/LS from an established tank. You may get lucky. :) Or not. We'll be here for ya

im just happy with my parameters right now nitrites are no where 2 be seen but i still dont have a ammonia tester

Back
Top Bottom