Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #651
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Yeah, i think everyone would get the ecotech radion if the prcie was like half! LOL My lfs has 3 of them and we played with the programming for hours, they are definitely pimp.

I think the 2 clowns would be a good idea. For peace of mind I would test the water almost daily after though, there's no real telling how strong the bio filter is in your tank. It's been empty for awhile pretty much so it's running on a low bioload. Not that 2 little fish are gonna spike the ammonia to anythign deadly in a day, but it can add up.

Just go slow and pay real close attention to the tank. You can do this, I remember when you first started you were all over this tank and learning stuff so you can do it again.

And thats your motivational speech of the day! LOL
thanks lol hopefully i could do this, any other reccomandations of things i should get ready, i have some frozen food, mysis and brine, then i also have some formula 2 marine pellets, is there anyother food i should pick up tommorow?

Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #652
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ok it seems like it will be a couple more days until i get a fish because there are a few problems, i wanted to clean my koralias because it seemed they where not putting out as much ummphh like before and cleaned them with water and vinegear, same with my filter, when removing the filter i looked at my surge protecter and it seemed like it caught fire before, black scorche marks on it, so i am getting rid of it and i am going to get another one i am going to mount on the inside of the stand to keep it out of the wa of water, removed some salt creep, and my filter seems like its in bad condition going to have to order a new aquaclear 110, and it seems like one of the bulbs in my fixture burned out, so since the fixture is garbage anyway im going to wait until tank is stable and i am going to get the led system. so its going to be a couple days more until i add the fishies =)

Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #653
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well replaced the old surge protector, lol one of the ports litterally was melted down! But put in a 10 outlet industral one that was used to power icey coolers, but this one is mounted in the stand off the floor, and all the chords have droops so water cant get 2 it =) got filter working but i still want to put in a aquaclear, clown will have to wait a few more days lol
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #654
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ordering the new filter and a new thermometer
Old 03-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #655
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok i got 2 clownfish, i am aclimating them right now, by drip. hopefully all goes well
Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #656
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good luck! Keep an eye on parameters but I think you will be fine for now.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #657
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks, they dripped for about 40 minutes, now there in the tank swimming around =)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #658
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ok Got in a new filter today and a digital thermometer, everything is hooked up and ready 2 go, both the clownfish are doing well swimming and eating, what is next?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #659
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Have you tested your water? What were the results? Glad the fclowns are doing good, they are adorable aren't they? You should post a picture up. lol

Now you sit and wait and think about what you want to do next. Do you want to add any crabs or snails? Any algae issues yet? You don't NEED to get snails and the such but if you like em now could be a good time to get a few. I would wait at least 2 weeks between the time you added the clowns before i would think about another fish. Unless you come up with any ammonia between now and then I think you can add another fish.

What were you thinking of next?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #660
Aquarium Advice FINatic

the nitrates where very low at like5 ppm that was the onlything that spiked, no ammonia or anything, ph is a 8.2 and temp is at 79.2 (awesome having a thermometer) and the only algae is some brown growing on my rocks, been a while i forgotten the name, other than that there is no other nuisence, and for fish i was thinking of a goby, blennie, or chromis

Tags
55 gallon, build, build thread, corner

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com