Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
Look at it this way. You spent $100+ on a powerhead that is capable of pushing out 1200gph. It uses 7w. The 240 uses 3.5w. You also won't be 'restricting' it any. The other thing is that the Tunze I have are a little noisy unless I put a rubber piece between the mount and the glass. I just think it makes a lot more sense to use that $75 towards something more useful than having a powerhead that is capable of pushing 1200gph in a 29g tank.
Totally makes perfect sense when you just but it like that!!

Thanks for being so helpful. So will the 425 do the job? Or the 240?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

Returned the power head gonna check BRS. Gonna go with Koralia 425.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Check petmountain.com I got 1400 gph koralia powerheads for 45 each the smaller ones will be super cheap.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek
Check petmountain.com I got 1400 gph koralia powerheads for 45 each the smaller ones will be super cheap.
Will do. I only need a little nano one.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, the 425 is ok for a biocube. i sometimes wish I had a bigger one, lol, but 425 should be fine.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Yep, the 425 is ok for a biocube. i sometimes wish I had a bigger one, lol, but 425 should be fine.
Well I didn't order anything yet so I'm open to suggestions. Please share. I'm doing this so I do it right the first time. I don't wanna wish I had done this or that after words.

So we have:

Skimmer (needed?) if so is the bio cube one good enough?
Power head (looking at the 425)
UV Light (again is the bio cube one good enough?)

what about that media ball compartment? Do you bio cube users, use it? And the pump with the suction cups? It just goes on the bottom? Not attached to anything expect the out take?

Man this cube is confusing me but I can fight fires etc... Scary!! lol!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice FINatic

haha yea just attach the suction cups to the pump & put in in the chamber & connect the outet hose to the return on the wall.

media balls.. get rid of them

the media basket though, keep it & use it for chemi pure & purigen I think.. I forgot what the stock media basket looks like but if it looks like the intank one then yea you're good.
NyteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteGTI
haha yea just attach the suction cups to the pump & put in in the chamber & connect the outet hose to the return on the wall.

media balls.. get rid of them

the media basket though, keep it & use it for chemi pure & purigen I think.. I forgot what the stock media basket looks like but if it looks like the intank one then yea you're good.
Ok so I'll toss the media balls. Heater goes in what chamber? The filter one or the one with the pump?

Old 01-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #109
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Pump chamber
NyteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #110
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and here ya go... John said run it like this till Monday. He called it a "wet run" see if anything breaks, make sure everything works and no leaks then Monday we drain, add RO water, salt, rock and sand. I think he said sand, maybe it was just rock first. I forget. lol my head is still spinning. Now I was reading that the skimmer is useless if I do weekly water changes. And the UV isn't really needed as well?! I read waaaaay too much!! You know what I mean Ryan? lol.

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com