Finally going saltwater!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They make them for nano tanks all the way up to 1000g setups. It's one of those bells and whistles you can get if you like.

It's just waiting for the tank now!! All put together! :)

I feel like Xmas all over again :)

View attachment 69169

Nice place for it too!! When the wife and I are in bed relaxing we can watch the tank!

Last edited:
I'm really glad i got the biocube stand and not some other. That thing holds ALOT of crap, let me tell you. LOL I have mine stock full of stuff and there always seems like there's room for more.

carey said:
I'm really glad i got the biocube stand and not some other. That thing holds ALOT of crap, let me tell you. LOL I have mine stock full of stuff and there always seems like there's room for more.

Good to hear! I wasn't gonna get it but as you see I changed my mind! :)

I won't be able to sleep! Tomorrow we start cycling.

Man I can't even think about sleep!!! My tank is somewhere out there and it's on it's way here!! Here's the power head I got is this on ok? I read up on it and it got good reviews. The place I went to didn't deal with other suggested brands. This one here you can adjust the flow.

View attachment 69199

Last edited:
carey said:
What kind of flow does that thing have? Arent they the really high powered ones?

http://www.google.com/m/products/de...or+nano+tank+&cid=17748011884093492428#;prd:o

This is from the website. If its too much I can easily return it. It's just that they didn't carry the brand everyone was recommending. They have marineland,Aqueon and the one I got.

For aquariums from 26 to 132 gallons
Flow rate: 1,189gph
Energy consumption: 7W
Voltage/frequency: 230V/50Hz (115V/60Hz)
Cable length: 78.7in
Diameter: 2.7in
Output diameter 1.5/.59in
New Version with Flow Accelerator

Last edited:
mfdrookie516 said:
I've got two 6045's that are way too powerful for my 40b... I'm actually selling them to get something smaller.

What are you going with? Looking for ideas.

Well, mine isn't adjustable, but that is way overkill for a 29. Get some koralias (or I guess probably A koralia). You're in on the group buy, check out BRS on Tuesday afternoon. How much did you pay for the Tunze? they're like $90 new. The smaller Koralias are more like $25 or so.

Yea just order them from dr foster smith man. Put a 480 or 2x240s of korlias + your reef test kit and salt water test kit on your order and the shipping would be free.

mfdrookie516 said:
Well, mine isn't adjustable, but that is way overkill for a 29. Get some koralias (or I guess probably A koralia). You're in on the group buy, check out BRS on Tuesday afternoon. How much did you pay for the Tunze? they're like $90 new. The smaller Koralias are more like $25 or so.

Yeah I actually forgot about that. Gonna check BRS and how about a Koralia 240 or 425? I payed $106.42.

NyteGTI said:
Sorry 425 or we size that one is..

The koralia nano 240 and 425 were on YouTube but I am not sure which one is better. They were both in biocubes. The koralia nano 425 is 425gph, the nanostream 6045 is 396gph. So I am confused as to why the 6045 would be overkill if it is less than the koralia.

Look at it this way. You spent $100+ on a powerhead that is capable of pushing out 1200gph. It uses 7w. The 240 uses 3.5w. You also won't be 'restricting' it any. The other thing is that the Tunze I have are a little noisy unless I put a rubber piece between the mount and the glass. I just think it makes a lot more sense to use that $75 towards something more useful than having a powerhead that is capable of pushing 1200gph in a 29g tank.

Back
Top Bottom