Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Foxface died :-(

Whenever scared he would hide in tank or wrap himself around htr while turning an almost black color. Giving him no more than five mins he would be right back out. He was fed every two- three days with new life spectrum pellets, mysis and brine shrimp and a once weekly algae sheet clipped inside tank. Well last week I came back in house to float a tux urchin in tank before starting water acc to him and noticed my foxface was stuck to the side of the powerhead. I turned the powerhead off and he swam away fine. Well this past Friday there he was stuck again but dead :-(. He always did like to swim vert and pic algea off. It's a hydro koralline 750. Was there anything I could have done to prevent it? I just don't want to Lise any future pets I decide to put in. He was in a 55 with two small damsels, several coral frags, and lg number of cuc. Anyone recommend another or a few other good size fish I could put in this tank. Its my first tank and I'll be moving up this holiday. I just need reef safe fish and only a few. I didn't want to go with several small fish

Thanks everyone, by the way water parameters were all under control and not the cause of death :-(

Kevinalewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Damsels may have harassed it. They have been know to be mean. Plus a foxface is recommended for a 70g atleast. Try looking at LA, Ill send a link in this thread. It will show you the fish and what size tank they need.

Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums

Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Foxface are herbivores and they don't get much nutrition from the algae so the need to eat more. Not all damsels stay small a friend gave one back to the lfs that was over 4 inches long, a sargent major. It was only a year old so it probably would top out at about 6 inches a beautiful fish but a bully.
joy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

die, died, foxface

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com