freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flame scallops are non photosynthetic so their lighting doesn't matter, while tridacna clams require intense lighting. I have a 6x39w nova extreme pro fixture on my 40g and it's great. You should definitely get it.

hahaha i got what you where saying. im asking if that light fixture (324w) would be enough for clams. or do i need a higher rated light? because i dont quite understand how 2 more bulbs would give me more light on the front side of the rocks and in front of them. we dont plan on putting any corrals behind the rocks.

then i will definitely try to get it. my sump and skimmer will be put on hold for another two weeks though. but current filtration is working great so it shouldnt be a problem. im just getting antsy from looking at it sitting there empty and not being able to tinker with it.

Congratz on the eel. I like em but I love keeping shrimp more and would hate to lose them. Does he/she have a name yet?

coffeetwitch said:
unicorn tell me you have lights up and running with pictures!!!

no name yet.

Nope, not yet :,(
Didn't get my replacement fixture yet nor have the bulbs arrived... Still waiting.

But I got my kole tang and Randall in my QT :D

Back
Top Bottom