freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocks NEVER get back together like they should... It's kinda funny and weird. U try do redo it the way u had it and it just will not work :(
I feel ur pain

The white on the black will pass

Hope eelroy likes his new crib ;)

Nah, besides palpitations and half of a heart attack nothing changed LOL dunno if u saw my thread I started today about that.
Adjusted my powerheads, did a PWC and tried the baking soda thing... Tomorrow We will see if it did anything
Trying not to panic too much as that usualy results in me dumping chemicals left and right and making my own special brew >.<
guess that's what u get when you are a major in biology LOL

i didnt know water chemistry was such a difficult thing. to say this will some day be a mixed reef may be a bit over my head. ive read buffy's thread and she is having a nightmare of a time with hers. i know your still cycling yours, really all these problems you ladies are having has me doubting more and more if i can do it.

oh and i just read your pH thread. thats what i get for asking without reading first.

coffeetwitch said:
i didnt know water chemistry was such a difficult thing. to say this will some day be a mixed reef may be a bit over my head. ive read buffy's thread and she is having a nightmare of a time with hers. i know your still cycling yours, really all these problems you ladies are having has me doubting more and more if i can do it.

oh and i just read your pH thread. thats what i get for asking without reading first.

You can do a reef. If I can do it, I know u can... Lol

coffeetwitch said:

Actually it is not that bad once u understand what's going on. My 30g is nicely balanced without ANY issues. Guess it's just the size of the tank and the intensity of the drop that freaked me out. I'm sure once it's cycled it will get better.
Just think about it: I am growing bacteria and the tank is undergoing a change and adjustment, of course it is going wacko. It took mother nature billions of years to cycle and this planet is still not done ;) I'm not surprised I'm not doing a better job

Listen to me being humble and optimistic ROFL u should here me in RL, I'm crying and cursing

hahaha thanks.... it will either work or i will waste a lot of money and have a lot of dead animals. hope that doesnt happen...

whats an easy coral to keep. just to start us off with?

also
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/tdwright1971-20979.html

tdwright1971, if your still reading, how is that sc150 skimmer working? still good reviews from you? you mentioned in the pm's we have had that you where running 2 skimmers one wet one dry, which one are you running the sc150 as? im about to make an offer and would love one last update on it before i do

coffeetwitch said:
hahaha thanks.... it will either work or i will waste a lot of money and have a lot of dead animals. hope that doesnt happen...

whats an easy coral to keep. just to start us off with?

also
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/tdwright1971-20979.html

tdwright1971, if your still reading, how is that sc150 skimmer working? still good reviews from you? you mentioned in the pm's we have had that you where running 2 skimmers one wet one dry, which one are you running the sc150 as? im about to make an offer and would love one last update on it before i do

Zoas and Xenias are great for starters IMO
If u have low light try mushrooms

we do have something in the tank now, it piggy backed on the live rock we bought. seems to be doing well. i forget what it is. maybe sweety pie can chime in.

coffeetwitch said:
also the cuc should be here tomorrow or friday. any tips for getting them in the tank and keeping them alive?

I would have the bags float in the tank first so they can get used to the temp. In general just do the reg acclimation that worked for u in the past. Do u have algae growth in ur tank? That usually takes care of their diet. Otherwise just feed regularly and they pick up in the leftovers.

EDIT: I forgot about ur diatoms LOL ur CUC should be fine food wise ;)

Oh, and do not do any crazy chemistry experiments un your tank, inverts don't like that too much

yeah when i came home from work today, it was out of control. thanks to the eelroy experience a lot of it got stirred up so as of now its not as noticeable.

Do you have chemiclear? If u can't get a grip on it in 1-2 weeks use that! Its great!

Oh, and do not do any crazy chemistry experiments un your tank, inverts don't like that too much

well your the aspiring biologist. i suppose i should heed your advice. if you ever wanna change a clutch in a dump truck let me know, maybe i could return the favor.

on that note, its a wonder that all my fish are still alive considering the same hands that are covered in grease and who knows what are the same hands going bicep deep in water when i think something needs to be done and sweety pie isnt looking. fw and sw.

coffeetwitch said:
well your the aspiring biologist. i suppose i should heed your advice. if you ever wanna change a clutch in a dump truck let me know, maybe i could return the favor.

on that note, its a wonder that all my fish are still alive considering the same hands that are covered in grease and who knows what are the same hands going bicep deep in water when i think something needs to be done and sweety pie isnt looking. fw and sw.

Hahaha I know right?! My arms are usually covered with horse poop and dog slobber and then I stick that into my nice and clean reef tank hahaha

Guess I should find more human friends, but that species is just so freaking annoying >.<

Back
Top Bottom