freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hillbilly trigger fishing!

Maybe they are like sharks, flick him in the nose That or it will just make him mad.

Sweety pie said she thought it looked fun but I can't stand dirty water like that. Cover me in red grease and oil all day long but you can keep that dirty water.

coffeetwitch said:
Hillbilly trigger fishing!

Maybe they are like sharks, flick him in the nose That or it will just make him mad.

Sweety pie said she thought it looked fun but I can't stand dirty water like that. Cover me in red grease and oil all day long but you can keep that dirty water.

Yeah, that water kinda scares me too, but the fish fry they do looks awesome hahaha

I think there wouldn't be a problem if that **** capitalism wouldn't make people so greedy! Chuck the small fish back in and catch them another day once they had a chance to breed.

On a side-note, I have a lombardoi cichlid at about 10cm that did actually draw blood. Don't ask me how though ;)

Nah mate, everything that's legally too small gets ground up into fish fingers! Sad but true

See, that's what I mean: in 50yrs there won't be any fish left... Hope I'm dead before that

dont mean to hijack but i just did some extensive testing on my 1" diy pvc overflow. i collected some rough data and im comfortably flowing 360gph?!?!?!

wtf over

THX for the link, will read it this weekend ;)

coffeetwitch said:
dont mean to hijack but i just did some extensive testing on my 1" diy pvc overflow. i collected some rough data and im comfortably flowing 360gph?!?!?!

wtf over

?! Why wtf
What's the result of ur test?

And u r always welcome to hijack ur own thread ;)

thanks for the understanding.

back story, i was kinda having a loose conversation with carey on her 90g flowr. she was concerned about her flow through a drilled reef ready 1" stand pipe. anyway the number that kept coming up was 600 gph through a 1" pipe.

i made a siphon overflow out of 1" pvc and was expecting the same or close.

i was going over some of the sites i found referring to these diy doodads and decided to test it in the tub.

long story short i am only getting 360ish gph through it. thats a rough estimate but close none the less. its a safe number too without overflowing my bucket.

I could be wrong but adding a tube to the end may change the tolerate wouldn't it? Because you should get a syphon effect from the water in the tube...therefor speeding up the tolerate...could be wrong though

I've got 6 90* elbows. I looked for u-pipes but found none in the 1"range. I checked in the toilet and sink sections too and still found none.

I don't have anything on the end of the pipe.

I may take the truck to work today so I can stop off at the hardware store on my way home and pick up supplies to build another overflow out of a larger diameter pipe. 2"? 1.5"? Input on that

In addition to any input on 1.5 or 2" PVC for the next attempt, sweety pie picked up an aqua lifter pump last nite. it really didn't seem like it moves very much water. Clear 1/8th air tubing in and out with the suction side in a bucket of water and the out side in hand it just seemed like it dripped out vs being pushed through. Is this normal for the Tom aquatics vacuum pump?

In addition to any input on 1.5 or 2" PVC for the next attempt, sweety pie picked up an aqua lifter pump last nite. it really didn't seem like it moves very much water. Clear 1/8th air tubing in and out with the suction side in a bucket of water and the out side in hand it just seemed like it dripped out vs being pushed through. Is this normal for the Tom aquatics vacuum pump?

I use the aqua lifter pump for my siphon on my overflow. I think it does 50/ml as far as flow. It's not meant to pump a lot of water, just enough. I was going to use the same pump for my ATO. :)

kurtyboh said:
are you using 90deg elbows?
you lose 1/3 to 1/2 pressure on each...

+1, any angle will reduce flow. On a drilled tank you only need a straight pipe most of the time, hence the better flow

Kio707 said:
Just curious of how much money you spent on PVC pipe?

$10 That's it. That got 10 feet of 1" pipe 8 90's 1 plug 1 cap 2 "t's" and one nipple.

Just so every one is on the same page this is a hob PVC overflow. Not for a drilled tank.

Back
Top Bottom