freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And these guys have perked up quite nicely. What the pix doesn't show is how green they are

Attachments

• image-2419701242.jpg
    image-2419701242.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1364749195.jpg
    image-1364749195.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 68
Would it hurt to over-spec the pipes? I mean this way you avoid the proplem that your drain can't handle the pump-flow

Would it hurt to over-spec the pipes? I mean this way you avoid the proplem that your drain can't handle the pump-flow

thats the problem. there is no practical data for an all pvc diy overflow. lots of conflicting opinions. but thats what they are and nothing more. when someone likes it as says its great there is no hard data saying much more than it works great for me. im happy for them but im not them so it may not work well for myself personally.

i just made, well mostly made, a 2" system just like my 1". its as close to the same hight as i could. so say give or take 1/8"

im just waiting for the glue to dry. before i go much further.

also our deep water electra hap just released her babies! its been that long and still no sump finished!

ok ok so its bigger in some places. but bottom of the back loops are close.

img_1571849_0_f827b861a932fa97af6ae24710790091.jpg

img_1571849_1_9db16d42fe317bfca2e7665a9e6106bf.jpg

img_1571849_2_46616a7920a6c261a4df2475fbda2fa6.jpg

if it didnt know any better, id say that twitch is really learning ALOT and sounds like he knows what hes talking about:)

if it didnt know any better, id say that twitch is really learning ALOT and sounds like he knows what hes talking about:)

nope. im just winging it. good thing you know better! hope you can work something out with your fish. i didnt know garlic was such an amazing thing for sw.

one more. i hope its as handy of a feature as it sounds.

i used p-trap parts as you can see. this one has a clean out that i will drill and tap for the nipple for the lift pump.

if this is too much flow, i seriously doubt it though, i can duplicate this in 1.5" and still use the p-traps. anything less than 1.5" i have to use standard 90*'s

dont kid yourself bud, you have def picked up a TON of info and knowledge in the last few months:) its extremely rewarding to pick up this info and pass it on to others:) i will def let you adn everyone know if the garlic works out of not. best of luck with the DIY project. You have my respect in that you have decided to build it yourself instead of just throwing down cash.

thanks huma, its because so many have shared the knowledge they have that i have learned anything.

and please do keep us all posted on the garlic.

huma-huma said:
dont kid yourself bud, you have def picked up a TON of info and knowledge in the last few months:) its extremely rewarding to pick up this info and pass it on to others:) i will def let you adn everyone know if the garlic works out of not. best of luck with the DIY project. You have my respect in that you have decided to build it yourself instead of just throwing down cash.

It will, keeping my fingers crossed for u and ur fishies!

And coffee, u def know more now than u did a few months ago! Doing great!!!

thanks unicorn. a few months ago you bet. all of you are great so thank you all.

sweety pie put some vinegar in the skimmer compartment to help speed the break in of the skimmer. now its nice and frothy in the cone. amazing. silicone is still holding strong with no leaks too.

im looking forward to tomorrow and seeing what this 2" pipe can do. if it works well i will finish the one inch overflow too and run it solely for the refugium.

tdwright1971 suggested it in a pm. and that has been mentioned a few times before in different thread for different people. im lost on why or how it works but it when from a cone with mater moving in it to froth in a heart beat. i think she only put a quarter of a cup in. maybe less.

maybe its the acidity that helps remove all the assembly oils?

so i drilled and taped that clean out for the lift pump nipple. and welllllll

my bathtub faucet is all the way open running full blast.

Back
Top Bottom