freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A thought just occurred to me. Not sure but, I suspect that with that large of an overflow, it will not run anywhere near full and therefore may be noisy.

No I haven't seen your bike would would love to. I have always wanted to restore a 69 Z28. That was my dream car when I was in High School. LOL After finding out my wife was expecting our third child 14 years ago, I decided I needed to build a couple rooms in our basement. While doing that, I found I loved it. From there I did tons of home improvement project. About 5 years ago, I decided to try furniture. I always start by drawing up my own plans in AutoCAD then try to build it. Then I look at how close I came to plans I could have gotten on line. LOL
i just wing it. i try to draw on paper but thats just to get the idea out of my head to give me a rough idea if it could look ok. im forgetful so then it just turns into a notes page. tell you how bad it is. i sometimes right down the same numbers a couple different times for math and then i see that ive already done it "oh that what those numbers where for" inevitably gets said out loud.

heres the bike.

img_1572635_0_4b0445f3f3a5b38fc942b33eba059c3b.jpg

A thought just occurred to me. Not sure but, I suspect that with that large of an overflow, it will not run anywhere near full and therefore may be noisy.

i heard they get noisy at full capacity. i couldnt hear much over the bathtub.

and i dont know about full cap. i still havent seen set in stone numbers from anyone about all pvc overflows. they said 600gph from a 1" but i proved that wrong.

Ricksreef said:
I don't think he's Al.LOL

I used to grow my beard and wear a flannel shirt with a note pinned to the pocket that said "I don't think so Tim" for Halloween. As soon as anyone saw me it was the same thing. "hey there's Al". Not sure if that is a good thing or not. LOL

got the last pieces glued. may have to shim it once its on the tank though. the arch of the p trap i used sits differently than the t and 90 that i used to let hang .

when i got done with the testing i did a little clean up but left the overflow in the bucket cocked pretty well. when i went back to get it just now some 3 hours latter? , just for giggles i turned the water back on and it started siphoning again.

just need to get some paint now. still need to determine if i should use one overflow or two. if i should t off the pump or y off at the supply. any input would be appreciated.

|fuge|pump|skimmer|

thats how my sump is set up. how should i get water to the skimmer and the fuge?

or

redo the sump for more of a linear flow from skimmer to fuge to sump instead?

coffeetwitch said:
|fuge|pump|skimmer|

thats how my sump is set up. how should i get water to the skimmer and the fuge?

or

redo the sump for more of a linear flow from skimmer to fuge to sump instead?

I'd go with linear... U saw how my set up is. And my water is still crystal clear in my sump.

coffeetwitch said:
oh yeah i did it this way to keep flow rates through the fuge and skimmer sections different.

As long as u put the skimmer where the overflow is, it'll have different flow rates.

coffeetwitch said:
i just wing it. i try to draw on paper but thats just to get the idea out of my head to give me a rough idea if it could look ok. im forgetful so then it just turns into a notes page. tell you how bad it is. i sometimes right down the same numbers a couple different times for math and then i see that ive already done it "oh that what those numbers where for" inevitably gets said out loud.

heres the bike.

Oh you should ride that down here for the bbb rally this weekend.

if i wasnt such a puss i would. thats a sheet metal seat. i road it down to branson 30-35 miles away and it felt like my butt was rattled off.

its a great for around town.

coffeetwitch said:
i heard they get noisy at full capacity. i couldnt hear much over the bathtub.

and i dont know about full cap. i still havent seen set in stone numbers from anyone about all pvc overflows. they said 600gph from a 1" but i proved that wrong.

That's because you used 90s and other angles! An overflow by definition is a straight pipe that runs from the dt's surface through a whole in the bottom straight into the sump. Then 600g might be possible. The more you divert the flow the bigger the diameter has to be.

You probably can't find and numbers on flow rate because there's a lot of variables to consider in a DIY project. Then people normally add a ball valve to adjust it to their needs. Get the flow right, make it silent and so on. Then it gets impossible to pass on the exact setting to any fellow DIY'ers ;)

I know I'm not helping a lot but I do think you're doing a great job! Btw, LOVE the bike

i know that there are many factors for water through a pipe. it still would have been nice to see someone post dimentions with very specific conditions. data not breif mention with loose estimates.

then again im used to seeing spec sheets for hydrolic pumps or electrical modules at work, so maybe i got spoiled and wanted the same for personal use... hahahaha

good new is i was finally able to cut a piece of glass that didnt shatter!

Back
Top Bottom