Green algae help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im not entirely sure that is algae. Your tank looks very new, going by the bright coloring of that rock. Assuming that it is not new, and is fully cycled, you might be seeing the very beginnings of green coralline algae. I say this because algae would likely be larger patches rather than many tiny ones. Scrape it with your fingers, and figure if it is actually algae.

What to do. If it is coralline, do nothing, its a good thing, and not a problem. You will get some in pink and purple eventually also. If if is algae, then do what you should be doing already. Check your filtration, check your water parameters. Make sure your phosphates are not high. Are you using RO/DI. If not, you really should because it helps reduce nutrients in your water. Are you doing regular water changes. Algae is easy to correct, just start doing all the things you have learned to do to ensure good water in the tank.

I second that. It looks like the start of coralline algae by the spot pattern. I thought my purple spots were weird, but it turned into coralline algae which is great! Keep doing what Affordable Aquatic said. If you aren't sure, then ask. That's why we are here. :)

Nice to know, my new tank has the same look on the rocks but I could tell it wasn't the bad algae. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom