Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! I let him attach onto the rock that he was near and then I took off the basket. The clown is just in love. What a riot! He hasn't left its side (with the exception of the moment he left to go grab a bite of food). The clown is mouthing the tentacles but not biting them (as in he isn't taking anything away).

The funny thing is that this anemone is really in almost a crevice. Not a place that clown would normally fit, let alone hang out but just to be with this anemone! Oh my! It is such a cool thing. I do think the clown is trying to encourage it to move out a little further. We'll see what the next couple of days bring!

Thanks. Whew!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

When I feed them, the maroon goes and gets a chunk of food and takes it straight back to the anemone and drops it in. If it floats away he grabs it and takes it back till the anemone gets it, then he goes and gets some for himself. Sometimes you can't see anything but the anemone with a red and white nose. He is absolutely in love. It is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:08 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Merlot picked up a cerith snail (1.5" long?) and carried it 2.5 FEET away from her anemone. This is a serious case of love at first sight. I just hope she doesn't love it to death, lol! It is going deeper and deeper into the cave. I just hope it knows which way to go when it decides to move out into the light! At this rate I think it may end up at the back of my tank! I've taken lots of pictures and even a video. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post them tonight.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't forget to update your sig!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyl
Merlot picked up a cerith snail (1.5" long?) and carried it 2.5 FEET away from her anemone.
Be careful to not put anything, new LR or corals, too close to the anemone. Maroons are very sensitive about their anemones I was amazed by the size of the rocks my maroon can move, and she's ruthless w/ certain corals that get too close They are a great pair to watch though. Best of luck.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

My Clarki loves his BTA and he would dig pits in the sand bed around the LR where the BTA is attached to. I caught him several times picking up my snails and dropping into the BTA. That will probably explain why my snails keep missing.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL! Too funny on the clarkii feeding the snails to the BTA. My Maroon was moving them out of the way instead. I found her cuddled up with it this morning too. What a beautiful thing to watch. I'm surprised by how much it moved me to see her all snuggled up like that.

Here are a couple of pics of her:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p4262551.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	2201   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4262547.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	2202  

Old 04-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm glad I was able to get these pics of him... he's since wandered behind my rocks. I couldn't even see him last night. I know where he is at all times because my maroon is a bit harder to hide and she doesn't leave the thing for a moment! I sure do hope he picks a spot to hang out that we can all enjoy. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to be happy knowing that I've made my clown happy.

Old 04-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not to go against the grain here, your clown looks happy but, the anemone looks small for your clown. It is possible for your clown to love it to death. Here is a pic of an anemone from the tank I recently purchased (and one of the clown), who's been loved to near death by a mooron clown. I've since removed the anemone to a different tank and it's doing much better. Just a FYI
Old 04-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

The picture you see there was before it opened up fully (and the clown was still trying to establish her territory/dominance over it). When I saw it open it was bigger than that (it was open, but not fully inflated). When the maroon lays in the anemone, the diameter is close to her body length (maybe a little bigger). Is she too big for it? It may well be trying to escape her, if that's the case. I fed it (when I could see it) and it ate happily. Merlot on the other hand was not a very good guest and did not bring her host back any food!

I hope she doesn't love it to death but unless it comes out from behind my rock work I'm pretty helpless. I think I'd have to disassemble the entire rock structure to get it out at this point. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Any suggestions?

Tags
bta, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com