Harmys official 75g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome Harmy. On a side note for something different you can get a quick growing coral like Zoanthids or Green Star Polyps to cover your back wall. :)
on rocks thou right? not on the glass. i want to have a ricordea coral waterfall . i want to make a high rock wall in one of the corners and try and cover it in ricordeas make it look like they are cascading down with diffrent colors

Right on... I just made my biggest rock yet... it's 19"x30"x12"high when I take that one out I will be posting all my rocks on my thread... that will be Wednesday. Harmy your build is like 2 months ahead of mine and it's looking awesome.
i dunno about awesome there really isnt that much done. some times i feel i have done alot but there is still so much more to do before anything is added. its a bit over whelming at times. i am enjoying it thou. but i still have alot of equipment to get before anything live is introduced.

im kinda parcial to nemo looking clowns. the black ones of the odd strip ones or the picaso clowns dont really do it for me. but i think i found an odd clown that is pretty amazing. very pretty fish
Platinum Clown
no i wont be getting any because i want a clown pair but not at that price. still pretty thou

and quiet possibly the coolest looking starfish ever
http://ricordeausa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=277

video of said starfish. coolest thing ever

blue one

i think one of these is in my future. need to do some research. such a cool animal

ok after a quick look up of the star fish it looks like its on better left in the ocean as its very hard to keep alive. that would explain why everyone doesnt have one

Reason being.. is because that sea star is a crinoid. Crinoids are just about the most difficult inverts to keep in saltwater aquaria. You won't find too many aquariums around that will house them.. and usually if you do find one.. it will be a species only tank since they are extremely delicate. Someone on this site made a thread about a Sea Lily and that's a crinoid. You can see it in that thread..

But yeah.. crinoids are better left alone in the ocean.. unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing and you have the time to devote to their needs.

This is a GREAT Thread I have loved reading it tonight and it has inspired me to do a pvc over flow for my wife. I am away form home with work for weeks at a time.

everything looks great. would also like to see some of the DIY ROCKS and instructions on how to

THANKS JIM

I have done a bit too I'm going to be making some more soon if you want me to document it and post it in my thread I will just let me know.

This is a GREAT Thread I have loved reading it tonight and it has inspired me to do a pvc over flow for my wife. I am away form home with work for weeks at a time.

everything looks great. would also like to see some of the DIY ROCKS and instructions on how to

THANKS JIM

Ty

Sorry for the slow responce been having internet issue. Satalite good for tv bad for net. Now i have a new droid phone i should be good to go..

Having issues with new ro/di unit. Water isnt coming out of the blue clean hose. Maybe it needs to break in or something

There is no "break in" I would say the filters are not working properly, it could be the cartridges or the housing is faulty.
About that DIY rock... I made a video and put it on my thread :)

Sorry for lack of updates. Got my ro/di unit working. It said 75gpd but id be shocked if it was putting out 50. Prolly closer to 40.

Anyways got sand in. Roughly 3 inches deep. Got my rocks in. And slowly getting water in it.

img_1124695_0_6463f948fd0c3fa191cae7977d59c7c3.jpg

Not a bad pic for a phone picture. Rocks have changed some since pic was taken. Ill post again when its full of water

Threw in my filters i had in my 10 gallon which i started on may 16th andthrew in 2 shrimp. Already had a shrimp goingin the 10g.

Going to get to the fish store before work tonight i hope and see if they have a test kit and couple power heads or return pump. if not i will order some on line in the morning.

Lol sorry i love playing with my camera phone. Here is a pic from the room blacked out. I couldnt see the tank because itwas dark when i took it.

img_1125309_0_b4c0ceb190f10657f49c41828797b567.jpg

Back
Top Bottom