HELP! Overflow not working! I dno what is going on! HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will try and stay as calm as I can in this message. My overflow does not work anymore. How the hell is this? I mean its a drilled tank, and I can see nothing in the drain line. It drains a little, but barely anything. wtf is going on? All I did was replace the return tube, probably making the flow a little great, but now the tank just wont cycle. I am really worried. Please help me.

How did you change the return?

Are you sure your not just overdriving the overflow now? If its a graveity flow overflow then water should drain the same as before unless either 1) the drain line is plugged somehow or 2) your now overdriving the overflow with your new return plumbing setup.

Run something down the drain line, could be a snail in there or some slime as dislodged and is blocking the return.

Ok, sorry I did not get back to you guys sooner, I got sick. I did that Kevin, and it was clear, Aaron, the pump worked fine when I set it up a while ago, I have not changed a thing. It is working now, I think I discovered some new physics law or something. I fixed it by filling the tank to the brim from the fuge, and letting it slowly drain, it started getting faster and by the 4th time I could just leave it on full. Thanks anyways. Boy was I worried! Especially when my clown started swimming sideways and I scratched a ric.

Back
Top Bottom