Help planning a 75G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spiderman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning to upgrade to a 75G SWFO tank by September 2005. What are the ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL materials and equipment I should get? What are the good brands for each, and what are approximate prices?

I want to know what are good types/brands for:

1. the aquarium
2. lighting system
3. heater
4. filtration system
5. live rock
6. substrate
7. protein skimmer (?)

Any other thing I'm missing?

As for fish, I plan to move my 2 clowns, banggai cardinal, and royal gramma into it, adding a chalk bass, sixline wrasse, blue tang, red flame angel, in that order. I'd like to add another bottom feeder - what's a good, peaceful one that has good personality?

Thanks!

Have you considered ebay for a preowned reef tank? I will answer the ones I think I can help with...
1. I recommend a AG with hood and stand, I own it and it's good looking furniture. You can mount your lighting under the hood, which keeps things nice and neat.
http://www.elmersaquarium.com/ click tanks, 75 to get some ideas on prices for different things.... $300-700 depending on furniture

2. The lighting system depends on weather you want corals. Be nice to get at least a one MH as it shimmers and looks so natural. Plus you'd be able to keep corals or anemones! It is good to have an actinic too. Est price: $200-400

Well, this is getting way too expensive :wink: and we're only a little over half way there! I'm getting out of here now! LOL

Back
Top Bottom