Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
try a sand sifting star. even with all my algae problems, the star keeps the sand spottless. I also have an engineer goby, who takes care of one side with his tunnels.

do or do not, there is no try
gallagherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
Give it to me?!?

38 gal SW, CC, 40lbs base rock, 5lbs live, emporer 280, bio-wheel 330,tronic heater, 2 O. clowns, 1 firefish.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist
I found that my inverts, no matter how many I had, didn't help. I did my water changes and kept a tight control over my nutrient levels. I finally asked at my LFS and found that they suggested two products.

ROWA Carbon
ROWA Phosphate

These two products worked like a charm. I put them in the back of my 12 gallon nano cube and in less than three days my algae problem was solved.
This is not a permanent fix, I know and I have added some more snails as well, but it sure kicked the problem in the butt and I am able to keep control of it now.

I hope that this helps.
Good Luck
12 gallon Nano
Starting Over
StickyTuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:45 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to morphviper
If you have a lot of algea growth of greens and browns. you can do it chemically, but I prefer the natural way and a lot of mexican turbo snails and several rock or lawn mower blennies will do wonders. The blenneis are very good about keeping it off the rocks

morphviper is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com