How to remove damsels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Dai Phan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Greetings,

I would like to remove 8 damsels in my 125 G tank to make room for different fish. What is the best way to do this? DP

I liked that link. I have hooked fish out before. I removed some black and white damsels from a tank for someone by using a long clear plastic tube about 2 inches in diameter. I had the person use this tube to feed the fish frozen brine shrimp. This was done by lowering the tube in vertically until it was just an inch or so off the bottom. And then the food was dropped into the tube. The food sank slowly and the fish pecked at the tube as the food dropped to the bottom, where they could snatch it once it cleared the bottom. I had him feed the fish this way for several days. Then it was simple, the day came and as the damsel came underneath to get the food I just pushed the tube down so the fish had no escape. Then I simply worked the net under the tube and raised everything out. It worked great. Used it a few times in my store to remove rock dwelling cichlids as well. Bill

I worked at a fish store for a while and i was told that it is much easier to net them if you use a black net. It really was true. It also helps if you can chase them with your hand and a lot of times in the confusion they will swim into the net on their own. A 125 is a lot of room to run though. Not sure a net will help you much.

Back
Top Bottom