Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Is my cycle over??

It looks like my cycle is over.

Temp.78-81 it is 78 at night i need to get a better heater.
Ph 8.1
Sg 1.024
Alk 1.7-2.8
Calcium 320ppm
Nitrate 20ppm
Phosphate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Ammonia 0ppm

I have been cycling the 55gal since 1/8/06 with 120lbs lr and 80lbs of ls.Is it ok to add some more sand later?I want to find some southdown sand this spring.I want to add 2 Ocellaris Clownfish this weekend.Will this be fine if my params are still good?And since my Nitrate is 20ppm should i do a 20% water change or smaller?

Ps if Ocellaris Clownfish is not to good to start with please recommend another clownfish.Thanks Derrick

sonoma2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
If you add sand later add to one half of your tank wait about a week or two for the new sand to become seeded and then add to the other half. If you add all at once you may smother the good bacteria you have built up during your cycle. I would do the 20% water change ( should help with NO3 ) then add your fish if parameters are good. I add 2 clowns as my first fish and they are going strong. HTH and GL.

canyon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
looks like your cycles over
hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com