Just got a new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H1uPpPqh.jpg

can't look at the tank without getting a crazy reflection from that fixture in the hood. I've got a tan line halfway up my face

hIEUHdsh.jpg

Went on vacation, a friend watched the tank. Of course..... No I can't blame here. Its the new lights. That turf algae is going to suck. August 20, 2012

F8JMffJh.jpg

This needs fixing. an undersized sump, with chaeto, and an undersized protein skimmer. Dirty, no room, and the stand is too short. And falling apart. My biggest fear has been that bump in the night when I know the tank has fallen through the floor. December 8, 2012. 1 year of fishtank!

so2d7xih.jpg

Looked up plans online, took some wood to my gf's dad's place, got out the skill saw, went to work. Its all sealed with silicone to project things from swelling

9t8oPxUh.jpg

sometime later....this project took from October to January in total. Hard to do with a full time job.

PWPHtp6h.jpg

Wanted to go dark, but not black. Its a pine stand (for budget) so I'll use a mahogany stain. Gives it a nice contrast with the copper too. Copper?

CGc41ZHh.jpg

Decided to go with an Aqueon Proflex 4. For when I upgrade in the future, but also because it was on special from BRS. And more volume is better

R96modhh.jpg

Well the easy part is over. Looks like, copper really gives it a nice look. Everything is sealed and poly'd. Stand is water tight too, just in case of leaks. (and there have been plenty)

KrIV9Xch.jpg

February 21, 2013. I'm dealing with some bleaching and color loss in corals, I think i've got too much light; got a lower rock base built up. But man, that stand looks great.

wXkcxFyh.jpg

Purchased a blue squamosa clam. Color loss is more evident, but overall good health. That turf algae is still here....constantly battling it. Got a dual carbon and gfo reactor going, dosing 30ml vinegar, and kalk in the top off instead of the 2 part method (which i tried but always ended up forgetting to do) March 3, 2013

ORldXcTh.jpg

Here's the inner workings. From right to left. Reactors, still undersized protein skimmer, refugium with finally enough light and room, filter socks (brs nylon). Single overflow because that's all my tank has. March 21, 2013. More pictures to come, hopefully when the turf algae is gone, and the corals are at peak. Hey thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom