Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
.1w LEDs and the color of the LEDs used makes me think that's a fw planted light, not going to get it done for a reef

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree. It looks like a freshwater light. Go for a T5 fixture. I got one and it's really getting the job done.

I agree. It looks like a freshwater light. Go for a T5 fixture. I got one and it's really getting the job done.

Except for the efficiency per watt, and the fact that you have to change out the lamps every 9 months or so, I agree.

I was really looking for leds rather then t-5. Any other brands that are cheap and would grow coral that aren't the chineese 120watt. Looking to only spend $40 or so.

The only other option im looking at is a par38 bulb from Home Depot that i can pick up for $20. Wanted something more sleek then a clamp on light

Thats a option. But is there something thats more sleek? Screw ins are like last option

No on both of those. What size tank are you trying to light? the only reason I mentioned a screw in lamp is because you did first...lol.

Is this a good light for a refugium? Just to grow chaeto?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418071469.551754.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418071497.802238.jpg

This is what it looks likeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418075897.579106.jpgonly running it not the second light

I have the 21 watt version of that light. It's the right spectrum for growing macro algae. You have to raise it really high to get a decent spread because it uses really focused lenses. Mines a par monster though at 20 inches I'm getting 150-200 par which seems kind of excessive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So have you used this bulb before? Would one be enough? Looks to be my best option

No, I have not used this lamp before, but I'm sure it will work for you. Being 54 watts you could most likely mount it higher and hit the whole tank with just one.

Ill try going a little higher but i think thats the max height. The fug is 12x17x17 so its pretty deep and pretty big from back to front so the chaeto keeps moving out of the light

Back
Top Bottom