looking at setting up a sw tank, ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Forbz

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey there, im looking at setting up a salt water tank later this year and thought i'd get some info up, any major things i should know?

also what sort of setup would i need for a few clownfish, approx 2 - 4 , and are they polygamists? (one male, 2- 3 females) ? for breeding?

Start here. Articles

Research and patience are key. Nothing good happens fast in SW aquaria. Clownfish will likely need to be a pair only unless you have a large tank.

If you do more then two clowns, the two will kill the others as they mature unless you have a hugh tank...125-200g min.

If you do more then two clowns, the two will kill the others as they mature unless you have a hugh tank...125-200g min.
I have seen people keep 3 without problems. But yes, I think its pretty rare.

You have the best chances with fish when you introduce them all at the same time.

Yes, three will work as long as the true pair is not raising fry. As soon as that happens it's third man (clown) out. Now if you remove the eggs and just let the pair lay another batch it might work out. idk anything is possible....

Back
Top Bottom