Lost first fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a death today. I came home from work to find my clown laying on the floor. He had jumped to his death. My first fish lost.javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Crying or Very sad I had him exactly one week.

Now to my question. What do I use to cover the tank so this doesn't happen again. I hear people talking about egg crate. What exactly is this and where can I get it? I have a 150 gallon. I do not want to lose another fish.

Also, will I have a problem introducing another clown to the my other one? I want a pair. I have a True Percula. The pair was the first addition to my tank. The one that died was the dominant one as the one I have left was smaller.

Egg crate is like a plastic screen. Hardware stores are most likely to have it.

It's the female you lost, so there may be a chance at finding another that will be accepted. It is easier to introduce females to males than the other way around. However, there is always risks introducing clowns, whether introduced together or not. If you do attempt this, get one that is obviously bigger than the other you have.

Back
Top Bottom