Maybe Starting a Saltwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank9498

Aquarium Advice Regular
I love aquariums a lot and I have a 55 gallon freshwater cichlids tank. With Christmas getting closer I've been thinking about asking for a 60 gallon so I could start a saltwater tank. There are people telling me I should and also people saying I shouldn't. I'm just wondering what I should do. Thanks

Ok I definitely will do all my research. I heard its quite difficult to set one up and expensive.

It's not difficult if you just take your time and educate yourself on what your doing. We can guide you along all the way to your first fish/coral and keep you on track. The expensive thing is kinda true. You can save a lot of money using CL or sw forums like this to find people getting out of the hobby. You also don't have to have all the bells and whistles to have a successful tank either just dedication to it.

It just takes a lot of time and trial/error. As said before do your research and remember every tank is different so do what works for you. What kind of tank are you wanting to do?

I wanna try a reef tank but I heard that its pretty hard to do

Reef tanks are expensive and not for a beginner- although starting with a LR fish out cycle process, and building slowly through the process of cycling with a shrimp in and building a clean up crew (most of which can be find as hitchhikers in live rock), you will have plenty of time to think about whether or not you want to take that next step. My puffy fowlr is starting to transform into a reef tank slowly, which inspired me to start a nano tank in my room (10g, just gonna have some different types of coral and a clean up crew). It can be super expensive if you want all the bells and whistles- but with time and determination it can also be relatively cheap.

Back
Top Bottom