My first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I recently set up my tank, it's a 55gal with 2 fans and a seaclone 150 skimmer. I currently have a thick sand base and about 25 pounds of live rock(getting more soon). Any ideas on first fish because I really don't know, or any other ideas for my tank? Thanks.

Welcome to AA btw! Before choosing fish, are you doing a reef or FOWLR tank? Before getting fish, is your cycle complete?

I'm not doing reef, I still have about another week to finish my cycling.

I am currently cycling my 55g as well however i only have live sand at the moment with 2 circulation pumps and my biowheel. I am looking into rock too. did you get yours offline or at a lfs? I will be following your build!

No ha my cousins boyfriend got a shark and he had ALOT if Ron and I got it for like $2 a pound and genus getting rid of more to me lol!

In that case, how about a flame angel, orchid dottyback, longnose hawkfish, etc. I don't have these fish b/c I have a reef tank, but they I like how vibrant and active these fish are.Those fish are all semi-aggressive, so if you're going to put in a peaceful fish, put it in first. Liveaquaria.com and bluezooaquatics.com are good online stores.

Ok ya I never thought about any of thoes fish I was thinking of clowns too? I don't know if thoes will work

The best I can tell anyone, make a wishlist of all the fish/ inverts you want in there. And we can tell you yay or nay, help you tweak it if necessary, and tell you what order to put them in.

Elude82 said:
The best I can tell anyone, make a wishlist of all the fish/ inverts you want in there. And we can tell you yay or nay, help you tweak it if necessary, and tell you what order to put them in.

Ya I will have to do that

Now I just need to get the list together, I have no Idea hahaha

ya I will just have to compile a list now. SO MANY OPTIONS!!!!:confused:

ha this is the exact reason why I switched!! I might be getting more rock so I am most likely going to be redoing my aquascape and then I might be getting dome fish

Im thinkng
Clown
triggers
those sand sifting things
and my frind had some lion fish with his other fish

that is just some off the top of my head

From the list so far, looks like you're leaning towards and aggressive tank. One of my tanks are aggressive fish, and by far the most entertaining.

yeah that is kinda what I like, no i know that I will need to get an enemey(thats not spelled right haha) for the clown fish, is there anything for the triggers. And I forgot Tangs as well.

You don't NEED an anemone for the clowns. Nothing for triggers. And tangs will get to big for a 55

oh ok, I still think I will get an anemone just for the looks of it. and any suggestions on other fish then the ones I have?

Back
Top Bottom