My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Lol.

Really? Thats a bummer..I guess every action has a re-action..although that is lame

Yep. He buys fish like he buys cars. Doesn't do his research. He buys for looks.

Oh yes- and the damsels

Attachments

• image-4109382138.jpg
    image-4109382138.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 79
  • image-605011390.jpg
    image-605011390.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 77
redsea said:
I hope to get a Hammer or Frogspawn for my 125g. :) Do you know what the differences are? Thanks.

Nice Damsels, are they behaving themselves, lol?

The main difference is huge tips. Hammer tips look like little hammers (lol) whereas frogspawn are more like dots. In my tank my hammers grow faster than the frogspawn does.

These damsels are only semi aggressive. They are behaving quite nicely. And they glow under the LEDs!

The main difference is huge tips. Hammer tips look like little hammers (lol) whereas frogspawn are more like dots. In my tank my hammers grow faster than the frogspawn does.

These damsels are only semi aggressive. They are behaving quite nicely. And they glow under the LEDs!

Awesome, they look great!

I think I will buy a Hammer Coral then. Is one hardier than the other?

There's more than one type. There's branching, wall, grape, etc. walls can be less hardy if there is damage to them.

There's more than one type. There's branching, wall, grape, etc. walls can be less hardy if there is damage to them.

Wow, cool. I didn't know that there were different types. I saw the Branching ones on LA today. Thanks for answering all of my questions!

Jlsardina said:

I have a hammer that was tiny. Never grew at all for the longest time. I then bought a nice sized Frogspawn that grew like crazy. A month ago I started Dosing two part every other day and the hammer has started growing a bunch. But the Frogspawn is now huge. LOL. The hammer is much prettier but I think the Frogspawn is easier to care for. JMHO

redsea said:
Wow, cool. I didn't know that there were different types. I saw the Branching ones on LA today. Thanks for answering all of my questions!

Lol. No problem. I have all three types. This is a wall hammer...

image-3467373632.jpg

image-1747482012.jpg

Then branching....

image-356575402.jpg

image-3099857405.jpg

And a grape ....

image-905063990.jpg

Are you going to do torches???

image-196297521.jpg

image-2415796292.jpg

The first is a pink tip and second is a yellow tip.

rdnelson99 said:
I have a hammer that was tiny. Never grew at all for the longest time. I then bought a nice sized Frogspawn that grew like crazy. A month ago I started Dosing two part every other day and the hammer has started growing a bunch. But the Frogspawn is now huge. LOL. The hammer is much prettier but I think the Frogspawn is easier to care for. JMHO

See- my frogspawn doesn't really grow like my hammers...

image-2593074529.jpg

Don't get me wrong- it has almost doubled- but not like my hammers.

Thanks for the pictures.

I am definitely going to get Torches. I really like them :-D. Is there anything specific that I should know about them, do they need an established tank? Thank you.

redsea said:
Thanks for the pictures.

I am definitely going to get Torches. I really like them :-D. Is there anything specific that I should know about them, do they need an established tank? Thank you.

They need ALOT of space. Very long feeder tentacles.

Jlsardina said:
I'm not sure. Both of mine are next to the base of rocks though

Oh so it could grow up on them if needed? Thanks! Do they need to be fed at all?

On rare occasion I'll throw em a silver. But other than that- I mainly just broadcast my tank daily with phyto

Back
Top Bottom