My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ibrahim said:
She's got 3. I'm sorry for answering your questions Sardina ;( I won't if you don't want me too lol

Thanks.. I just pm'd her too... Lol

Lol. It's three. You can see the division in lighting in pics- but not in my tank. Weird.

Attachments

• image-252019430.jpg
    image-252019430.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 115
My valentines day gift to myself arrived while I was away last night!!!

Attachments

• image-3376130665.jpg
    image-3376130665.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 92
Jlsardina said:
Lol. It's three. You can see the division in lighting in pics- but not in my tank. Weird.

Did you build a canopy for your lights?

Kio707 said:
Did you build a canopy for your lights?

Yes...

They are braced in this way for optimal venting. I can open it with no problem. And my tank is so tall that you can't see the top

Attachments

• image-3463964137.jpg
    image-3463964137.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 106
Kio707 said:
That thing is a monster!!! Lol

Lol. Let's hope it skims as well as it looks. Lol. But I haven't really heard any complaints about the octopus skimmers

Jlsardina said:
Lol. Let's hope it skims as well as it looks. Lol. But I haven't really heard any complaints about the octopus skimmers

I have one. I like it. Mine is big, but not that big. Rated for 220g.

I just picked up a 75 gal tank to replace my refugium (only 45 gal). Hopefully I can get it all configured today and do a large water change this week to install it. Only issue it was drilled on the side. I'm thinking of getting a bulk head and putting a PVC cap on it and it should be fine. What do you think?

Get a peice of lexan from home depot and put silicone on it and patch it up from the inside I had four holes on my 180 that I patched like that .

Hondatek said:
Get a peice of lexan from home depot and put silicone on it and patch it up from the inside I had four holes on my 180 that I patched like that .

Is that a type of acrylic? This is a glass tank

Ok. Here's my proposed plan for my new sump. Feedback?

1- bio balls on egg crate and covered by egg crate with filter floss then top for securing drains
2- protein skimmer/ pump for uv?
3- media bags on egg crate shelf and carbon reactor/ pump for uv?
4- refugium
5- sponge
6- return pump

Jlsardina said:
Ok. Here's my proposed plan for my new sump. Feedback?

1- bio balls on egg crate and covered by egg crate with filter floss then top for securing drains
2- protein skimmer/ pump for uv?
3- media bags on egg crate shelf and carbon reactor/ pump for uv?
4- refugium
5- sponge
6- return pump

So I've been looking at different diagrams of sumps online and now I'm debating on doing away with the bio balls. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom