My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of phyto... Thanks for the tip! I starting feeding daily with phyto and it may just be wishful thinkng, but I'm convinced that already, within a very short time, my corals are growing faster and look better!

TLTGF said:
Speaking of phyto... Thanks for the tip! I starting feeding daily with phyto and it may just be wishful thinkng, but I'm convinced that already, within a very short time, my corals are growing faster and look better!

No problem! Im a firm believer in feeding my corals daily. I know some others don't- but to each their own

Update!

My husband bought this non reef safe wrasse a few days ago and put it in the tank when I wasn't home. Well, I woke up at 4am for no reason and went to get a drink and he was swimming around. I thought about it for a sec and grabbed the net and caught him in like 5 minutes!!! So- he is in a bag and being transferred to my neighbors house in an hour! Woohoo!!!

Update!

My husband bought this non reef safe wrasse a few days ago and put it in the tank when I wasn't home. Well, I woke up at 4am for no reason and went to get a drink and he was swimming around. I thought about it for a sec and grabbed the net and caught him in like 5 minutes!!! So- he is in a bag and being transferred to my neighbors house in an hour! Woohoo!!!

Congrats, it must be very hard to catch creatures in a 220g tank. You need to put a lock on the canopy, lol.

I know you told me before, but I can't find it, what kind of LED's do you have?

spoonman said:
It is in the video. It looks like it has a stalk that is about a foot tall and has like a cup at the top. It looks like it is yellow. It is one of the biggest corals in the tank.

The toadstool?

Thats it! That thing is awesome! I assume you would need a large tank for that? I really need to make my 140g a saltwater tank!

spoonman said:
It is in the video. It looks like it has a stalk that is about a foot tall and has like a cup at the top. It looks like it is yellow. It is one of the biggest corals in the tank.

That's a toadstool. My centerpiece. Lol. It actually has a few new sprouts at the base.

spoonman said:
Thats it! That thing is awesome! I assume you would need a large tank for that? I really need to make my 140g a saltwater tank!

That's one of the largest toadstools I've seen in a tank. They come small and don't need a large home. Very hardy as well because it's classified as a leather coral.

Kio707 said:
Thanks. Thinking of going back to a reef tank. Miss my 90 reef... :(

Set up a 40g reef. I may do that and have my 150g FOWLR. Then you can have a little bit of both worlds lol

Ibrahim said:
Set up a 40g reef. I may do that and have my 150g FOWLR. Then you can have a little bit of both worlds lol

Try telling the wife that... Lol

Kio707 said:
90 is sold, so that's how I got away with the 150. She's still in germany, that's how I didn't get in trouble for the Tusk...lol:hide:

Lol. Nice. Just say it magically appeared

Kio707 said:
90 is sold, so that's how I got away with the 150. She's still in germany, that's how I didn't get in trouble for the Tusk...lol:hide:

Gottcha..is the 30 a tub or tank? 30 reefs are cool! Lol ya..dont mention the tusk to her:(

I forget why shes in germany!

Back
Top Bottom