my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't do either. Feed food soaked in garlic an make sure ur fish don't get stressed. I had fish fight ich this way. They are more susceptible to it when Immune system is down. The ich is in the DT and u won't get it out. Moving ur fish around is gonna just make it worse IMHO

+1 as fragile as fish can be they are by nature resilient. let them try first. but take this as my only real experience is fw.

Feed them well, and let them go through one ich cycle. If the ich comes back after it has fallen off, then do a hypo salinity treatment since this will cause the least amount of stress on the fish and won't ruin a tank.

I had a tomato clown who had ich when he arrived. I think it was due to the stress from shipment. After a week it died down and never re-appeared. I also fed him alot with thawed mysis that soaked in garlic. Most important is not to stress them, that lowers their immune system badly.

In my oppinion and experience is that ich is more stress related AND the treatment we usualy expose them too (change in environment, medications, moving them around etc) makes it only worse

I really do want to just let them go but its spreading so quick. My tang just came out and there's little white spots all over his body...

Im sooo scared that its gonna wipe out my tank. The only reason I say that is because I've heard some horror stories and plus its spreading soo quickly. Im going to leave them alone for now, they are still eating good. But I wonder if it continues to spread like crazy, could I do a copper treatment one fish at a time in a 10g?

You can definitely do that, but while you are treating the first fish, every other fish has the possibility to die. And then when it's done and you put it back into the display tank, it gets ich by the next day...

Sitting on ur hands and doing nothing is terrible! U feel like you need to do SOMETHING. but I seriously wouldn't know what else to tell you. A tang in a 10g sounds like torture to me :(

Make sure u feed the garlic stuff, that's sadly my best advice next to "don't do anything"... So sorry, I know how u feel :(

d@#n ich! ok ive calmed myself down as much as possible. im going to watch them closely over the next 24-48 hours ( swimming habits, feeding habits, physical appearance) and if the ich doesnt atleast slow down some, im going to transfer them to my 55 and copper treat. I know that copper isnt the most ideal treatment but i feel that in my case, its the most definitive. i did however want to grab a few pictures of my engineer goby out and about. here he is.

305185_107961609312372_100002956006788_61292_418179062_n.jpg

Ok so i have the link on my desktop, but i purchased a fish yesterday this morning close to twenty spots! put freeshly crushed garlic in the tank, ran some errands and he has only one spot left! theere is a chemical in garlic called allinol which is supposed to attack ich and all other protazoans or whatwver they are. Ill post the link when my son goes down for nap.

kurtyboh said:
Ok so i have the link on my desktop, but i purchased a fish yesterday this morning close to twenty spots! put freeshly crushed garlic in the tank, ran some errands and he has only one spot left! theere is a chemical in garlic called allinol which is supposed to attack ich and all other protazoans or whatwver they are. Ill post the link when my son goes down for nap.

That's why I'm stressing the fresh garlic so much ;) I don't trust the processed stuff

omg please do kurty, because i dont work until 3 tomorrow and would gladly run to the store in the am.
i am treating my 10g that contains my puffer and butterfly with Kordons, but at 12.99/bottle. that would only last me prob 4-5 days if i dosed my 125

really? just run down to the old grocery store and pick up some cloves of garlic? peal them, smash them. and toss them in?

coffeetwitch said:
really? just run down to the old grocery store and pick up some cloves of garlic? peal them, smash them. and toss them in?

An that's the best way to do it!!!
Maybe soak some food in it too

i mean i have heard that garlic does wonders for sickness in fish, never heard it would actually attack parasites

I was pissed beyond belief this morning, the only tank i have set up is my qt, but since he came with a nem my options were severely limited. I gave it a shot and within hrs HUGE difference. I used three cloves in an 18 gal. But the article warns about not knowing how much is too much.. i really dont like that now there are chemicals in my tank that i cant test, even if it is all natural... this alinol or whatever isnt normally in water.

allicin is apparently reactive and unstable by nature, and is only created in garlic when there is impact damage, which is why when you crushed it and then put it in your tank, it released the allicin. my only question is did you place the leaves themselves in the tank or did you just put the puree type liquid in?
either way im going to try it with my 10g first, then move from there

i processed them the same as i would eat them.. peeled the dry stuff cut the dry ends off then crushed and crushed again after that everything went in the tank.. and it kinda went everywhere but whatever itll decompose in the tank

Don't forget to soak the food LOL I know I'm repeating myself :0

Back
Top Bottom