My "what if" tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is by no means a reality... I live in an apartment and am at my max for aquariums at the moment. I can dream, though.

I've been eyeing this 267 gallon tank at one of the local mom and pop shops... Its beautiful, even if its over $3,000 for just the tank and stand. (comes with overflows, too, at least).

I dont know too much about saltwater fish and noone I know well has a saltwater tank. Here are the fish I like... Anyone want to play around with them for my fantasy stocking list? (how many of each fish, which fish arent compatable, plus maybe suggest a large, centerpiece fish thats pretty docile)

First off... Id like corals and inverts, so keep that in mind.

Heres the list of fish I like.. I tried to keep them small and relatively hardy:

-Bangaii Cardinals
-PJ Cardinals
-Clownfish (of course)
-Chromis (pref. green)
-Hawkfish (i love the longnose)
-Anthias (yellow spotteds)
-Flasher Wrasse
-Purple Firefish/Goby

The corals and inverts Id pick out will probably just be the very basics... the most colorful, hardy ones i can find...

The stock looks doable but chromosome can get aggressive. Luckily there are many colorful corals that are quite hardy. Zoanthids, candycanes, and mushrooms are just a few. If the price is a problem, check craigslist. I've seen a 300 sell for only 500$ with stand.

The stock looks doable but chromosome can get aggressive. Luckily there are many colorful corals that are quite hardy. Zoanthids, candycanes, and mushrooms are just a few. If the price is a problem, check craigslist. I've seen a 300 sell for only 500$ with stand.

Its not only just price... There was a 150 gallon tank on craigslist not too long ago... tank, stand, lights with canopy, filter, and some of the basic necessities (heater, thermometer, etc) for only $300.

Its mostly space. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor... There werent too happy about us having a 55 gallon.. I cant imagine anything larger. We already have five tanks (55, 46, 10, 5, 2.5) filled with water, plus another 40? or 50? (36 X 18 X18) gallon tank for my bearded dragon... Plus two cats... Plus a two (almost three) year old, plus my husband and myself.

We are saving up for a house.. But little stuff keeps eating into our savings. (tire blew on one car, battery blew on another, muffler popped off, etc). It looks like we wont be moving for another two years or so, unless my husband gets this job hes been working towards.

Well this just sound like torture to me:lol:...,but since your just dreaming ,i think a nice centerpiece would be a pair of crosshatch triggers and a golden puffer ,plus all your others listed...

Nah,crosshatches are quite docile ,maybe with the puffer ,,plus we're dreaming so everything gets along and lives happily together(y)
just trying to add some visual appeal here,all the fish listed would get lost in 250 + gallon tank:lol:

Man I hate having strep throat... Its been a busy couple of days and I forgot all about this thread. I was hanging out on aqadvisor playing around with the stock list... So here goes.

Keep in mind that this would be a 260+ gallon tank.

8 X Bangaii Cardinal
8 X Green Chromis
8 X Chalk Bass
2 X Ocellaris Clownfish
2 X Longnose Hawkfish
2 X Longfin Fairy Wrasse
1 x RegalTank
1 x Purple Tang
1 X Yellow Tang
2 X Algae Blenny
2 X Neon Goby

I would LOVE to have more blennys and gobys than just the two (it IS a huge tank after all) BUT aqadvisor tells me no. lol

I have a feeling I wouldnt be able to find the gobies in that size of a tank lol.

Also, I know how you feel, I was just told I'm concussed from my match last night. So I'll probably be yelled at for being on here..

The chromis would be a waste. they usually all die off, and aren't that nice looking anyway. I think they resemble fresh water fish. I have no idea why they are so popular. I don't think a 260 gallon tank is big enough for that list. I have a 265 right now, and I would never even think of putting 37 fish in it.

Back
Top Bottom