Nano tank price ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering how much it would cost to setup a 5 gallon saltwater nano tank with all the other stuff that it would need , also can you tell me what it would need ? I'll try to save up for one lol

It would be rather difficult to keep a 5 gallon saltwater tank in my opinion for various reasons. I also doubt you would get what you would like to see in such a small marine aquarium. However, if you decide to go this route, you wouldn't need many supplies. I'd say just a small led light system, 1 small power head, no skimmer, maybe 10lbs of sand, approximately 12-15lbs of live rock, and maybe some sort of small filtration system. Also, what do you intend to keep? There are few choices for live stock & you would maybe be able to have 1 fish max... Frequent water changes will help maintain water conditions without a skimmer...

It would be rather difficult to keep a 5 gallon saltwater tank in my opinion for various reasons. I also doubt you would get what you would like to see in such a small marine aquarium. However, if you decide to go this route, you wouldn't need many supplies. I'd say just a small led light system, 1 small power head, no skimmer, maybe 10lbs of sand, approximately 12-15lbs of live rock, and maybe some sort of small filtration system. Also, what do you intend to keep? There are few choices for live stock & you would maybe be able to have 1 fish max... Frequent water changes will help maintain water conditions without a skimmer...

What if I did a 10 gallon ? And I just started wanting to get into saltwater this week so I don't really know a lot of fish and the only ones I know need like a 55+ gallon lol

How much would a 8-10 gallon cost with all the supplies ?

You could also get an all in one type tank, comes with lighting and filtration. That would run about $200 but it has everything you need and it works pretty well, I think they are an awesome idea for a new person getting into saltwater. :)

They have 8g and 14g biocubes and nano cubes to choose from.

There is nothing cheap about saltwater tanks unfortunately, and on top of the cost of setting one up there is the upkeep. You have to be prepared to spend some money each week for ro/di water which can be like 50 cents a gallon as well as the salt mix. Its not like freshwater where you can just buy the equipment and youre pretty much done except for adding prime and food. lol

The biocubes and nano cubes have suffucient lighting too so you can grow most basic corals and not have to worry about the lighting.

You could also get an all in one type tank, comes with lighting and filtration. That would run about $200 but it has everything you need and it works pretty well, I think they are an awesome idea for a new person getting into saltwater. :) They have 8g and 14g biocubes and nano cubes to choose from. There is nothing cheap about saltwater tanks unfortunately, and on top of the cost of setting one up there is the upkeep. You have to be prepared to spend some money each week for ro/di water which can be like 50 cents a gallon as well as the salt mix. Its not like freshwater where you can just buy the equipment and youre pretty much done except for adding prime and food. lol The biocubes and nano cubes have suffucient lighting too so you can grow most basic corals and not have to worry about the lighting.

Thats awesome ! Where do they sell them ? I can't buy anything online since my parents would have to pay for it since I'm only 12 lol , do thhe have them at petsmart or petco ? And ya I knew about all that weekly stuff lol , what cool little fish(s) and corals would be able to be in the 8 gal. One ?

With 8g youd be limited to maybe one or two fish, very small ones though. I dont think you can get that price at a local store though....if you saved up the money maybe your parents would use their charge card maybe?

With 8g youd be limited to maybe one or two fish, very small ones though. I dont think you can get that price at a local store though....if you saved up the money maybe your parents would use their charge card maybe?

Ya I know :/ that's fine though :) And ya I'll try that , I still have lots of research to do so that will give me time to get the money for it :)

Would this work as a saltwater tank ?

This is 2.9 gallons, as a novice myself I don't really know but I imagine it wouldn't be easy, the more water = the more room for error in water perimeters!

Hope this helps a little

Yeah as said above bigger is easy and leaves more room for mistakes if you make mistakes this can prove more costly so IMO I would start with at least a 20 gallon tank

If you're willing to save up a bit, go for the Biocube 29. Wonderful, and it really ups your options. If not, Biocube 14 is just as great.

Back
Top Bottom