Need A Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the coralife 130watt aqualight with the adjustable mounting legs on my 29gal so i am not able to use my glass top .... so i was wondering what you guys out there that have this light or something like it use to cover the top of ur aquarium cause im thinking about getting the Sailfin/Algae Blenny and i dont want him to make the long jump to his death .... TIA

Ray

Yeah, it has holes. It is basically the "grid" like plastic covering on flourescent light fixtures at work or in schools.

You want the holes in your top. It helps with the gas exchange process and to keep your tank a little bit cooler than with a glass top.

Can anyone show me a pic of what it looks like on their tank so i get an idea .... cause i dont wanna block too much of my light ya know

Ray

I don't have a pic right now, but think of a piece of graph paper.

They use it in the ceiling for light fixtures and is sold in the lighting section so the blockage of light isn't an issue.

I was worried about it blocking the light also. I cut it into pieces and used it more to cage in around my lights. That way the light wont be limited on its spread, if that make sense. I'll try to get a picture up later on.

You`ll be better off with that stuff then your glass top as you`ll have PH problems with the glass hood due to poor gas exchange.

Yea i have read that they are and plus i dont wanna risk anything jumping ... but before i saw this pic i went to home depot and got that exact stuff there in ur pic ... so im glad now i just need to know what u used to cut it ... thanks

Ray

You can probably cut it with a razor blade.

Well maybe i made that up but im sure some of the fish i will get have a chance of jumping so im not gonna risk it and i already bought it so why not make a cover :)
thanks guys

Ray

Back
Top Bottom