Need suggestions for my main show fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some help deciding on a main show fish for my tank. I want something colorful that will really stand out. I would prefer it not be yellow. I really like the scott's wrasse but not the price tag. Want something that will have a little size and not maxed out at 3 inch. My lfs suggested a purple tang that he can get small so will have time to enjoy before would get too large. Once did would take back for there large in store display tank. I'm working with a 72 bow with peaceful inhabitants.

Mrc8858 said:
How about a yellow eye kole tang

I like the yellow eye kole tang, but the wife doesn't think is colorful enough. She wants something with red or blue coloring. But don't know if that is possible.

How about a flame angel? You got the red coloring with a dash of blue and liveaquaria.com says it gets to about 4" max. The site also says to add one in last when stocking the tank, and it's reef-safe with caution.

I really like the mata tang even thought its not that colorful. Anyone had any experience or have more suggestions.

Possibly a dartfish. While they are shy, one or a pair would be beautiful. IMO the purple firefish are the best of the bunch appearance wise (although they are purple and not blue and red like you wanted..oh well). The zebra barred dartfish has an interesting pattern with various colors. Just an idea :D

Flame angel, in my opinion one of the most beautiful aquarium fish you can get.

Blue Niger trigger will either be blue or purple depending on sex but I have a male and he is a beautiful blue

Back
Top Bottom