New 40g breeder build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok just an update it's been awhile. I'm currently cycling stuck on nitrites which seems to be normal. Ordered 5 stage rodi from brs which will be installed on Sunday. Also updated my bulbs for my fishneedit fixture 2 blue plus, purple plus, and a 10k.
Supra

I did a couple pwc, once my rodi is hooked up I'll be able to do some nice big ones
Supra

Quick update nitrites were at .25 this morning so I'm thinking any day now. My next concern is I can probably catch all the live stock to acclimate for the transfer, but my emerald crab. I never see him and he stays buried in my live rock. I m probably just gonna get the parameters as close to the existing tank and move him over on the rock
Supra

Ok tank has been up about wk. been battling nitrates, but I'm getting there.

image-761174908.jpg
Old tank

image-2807223533.jpg

New tank
I just need everything to grow. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with stocking. Current stock is 2 clowns and 1 watchman goby, 1 pistol 1 peppermint I'm liking 6 line, royal gramma, and orchid dotty back. I'm gonna probably add 2 out of the three but not sure which ones and what order.
Supra

image-242167313.jpg

Nitrates were a battle for me for the first 6 weeks of my tank being cycled. I always had ~20. The past few weeks it's been 0 so it may get better down the line

Ok tank has been up about wk. been battling nitrates, but I'm getting there.

View attachment 79114
Old tank

View attachment 79115

New tank
I just need everything to grow. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with stocking. Current stock is 2 clowns and 1 watchman goby, 1 pistol 1 peppermint I'm liking 6 line, royal gramma, and orchid dotty back. I'm gonna probably add 2 out of the three but not sure which ones and what order.
Supra

View attachment 79117

I like the tank. (y)

redsea said:
I like the tank. (y)

Thanks, nitrates or between 5-10, getting there. All other parameters are good. Now sit back watch and wait for all these small frags to grow. Talk to use in a couple yrs, lol
Supra

Update, tank is doing well, but, I'm upgrading again. 125 in wall with 55 sump. I have both tanks, live rock, 3 dimmable eBay LEDs, skimmer (asm g3), mag 9.5. I need sand, and power heads. I really want to go with 2 mp40. I still need to put my sump together and drill tank. So coouple questions. Can I get away with some large korilias, or should I bight the bullet on the vortechs? And with dimmable LEDs, do I need to still raise them high then lower them or just set them about 6" up and dim up and down as needed? Here's a pic of the 40 now

image-3499789028.jpg
Supra

Woke up to filament fairy wrasse on floor, there wasn't much room for him to squeeze through. No more jumpers for me.

Sucks man, sorry for your loss. Just had a great yellow coris wrasse do the same thing. No more wrasses for me either!

Ya I really liked that guy, sorry about yours, mine didn't even jump, he must have squeezed his way out

image-2382505155.jpg

Built the stand, cut the hole in the wall, just need sand, drill holes and plumb. I got 4 hydro 1400's the hudro wavemaker and hydor 5, for $225 Anyone in south jersey have a 1 3/4 diamond hole saw for 1" abs bulkheads? Getting close

I ordered hole saw and internal overflow from brs. I ordered sand from reef rocks. This should be up and running soon. Only problem, I think the tank I got off Craig's list has more scratches than expected. Hopefully when I clean it's not as bad as I think.

Back
Top Bottom