New 40g breeder build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2JZ-GE or 2JZ-GTE?? either way its a sick car. value appreciates in time ;) .... First i had a 1JZ-GE then a SW22 then a 2zzge ....now i jumped on 2 wheels :)

nice.....nice rare car. I also owned a 2sgte for 2 months before i gave it up....lol

back to aquarium stuff before this thread goes off topic...lol

haha....ever drive a 2sgte??
No what's that? That's the light im leaning towards. I was gonna go 3 blue. What made you do 2&2? You doing a sump?
Supra

not doing a sump. I spoke to acouple members on here and from my understanding i can get away with hob filters. I have 2 marineland emperor filters. One rated 280gph and the other 400gph so i should be able to use them. As for the t5 2 and 2, i figured i would keep things ballanced.

3sgte = 3 gen mr2 motor

I also lean towards an even split of blues and whites for my fixtures. :-D

<---------------I used to have a 92 VR4 that coulda given you a run for your money with that Supra. LOL

Vr4 are quit too. I know a thing or two about a 6 bolt 1st and 2gen 4g63 motors ;)

back on topic....lol. Im thinking of adding a moonlight leds down the line. They are pretty cool

As for the t5 2 and 2, i figured i would keep things ballanced.
What size k do you go with for your whites
Supra

I've got 4x over my 40b. I have two aquablue specials, a blue plus, and a purple plus. I'm loving it. It has a blue tint, but it's not overpowering like a lot of the tanks I see. I find a really blue tank somewhat unsightly.

carey said:
I also lean towards an even split of blues and whites for my fixtures. :-D

How do you run your dawn/dusk? 1blue and white then 1 blue and white? Or 2 blues then 2 whites?
Supra

I start with the blues then the whites come on, then at night its in reverse. I dont' have any official "moonlighting" lol

My T5 setup is like carey's. I have half and half, but using a blue and white to start up the day, all 4, 2 blue 2 white, for noon, then down to one blue one white for evening. Have blue moonlight LEDs for nighttime.

Growth has been really nice so far.

Ok I painted my stand, built my overflow and sump, got my lights ( fish need it) not that impressed with the mounting system. Played with my overflow and sump today to get the flow right. Getting close
Supra

image-1524563701.jpg

image-2896381072.jpg

Ok I painted my stand, built my overflow and sump, got my lights ( fish need it) not that impressed with the mounting system. Played with my overflow and sump today to get the flow right. Getting close
Supra

View attachment 70670

View attachment 70671

Great job painting the stand! Black is a great color to go with, my 125g and my 34g stand is black. It is my favorite color on a stand.

Nice work! (y)

Thanks on the stand. Starting to think about fish. I already have two clowns and watchman goby. I'm thinking royal gramma, 6 line, and if I can get away with one more Banghai cardinal. Do these all sound compatible? Oh and I've got water in the tank now. I through some rock that I had extra in there. Planning on moving everything from my 25 to the 40. Sand will go in sump and I have live rock already. Worried about the rock that's in there now whether it has to cycle or at least the dead stuff on it goes nitrate?
Supra

Thanks on the stand. Starting to think about fish. I already have two clowns and watchman goby. I'm thinking royal gramma, 6 line, and if I can get away with one more Banghai cardinal. Do these all sound compatible? Oh and I've got water in the tank now. I through some rock that I had extra in there. Planning on moving everything from my 25 to the 40. Sand will go in sump and I have live rock already. Worried about the rock that's in there now whether it has to cycle or at least the dead stuff on it goes nitrate?
Supra

If it was me, I would just worry about the Sixline and the Gramma. I had a Sixline for a while, and then I added the Royal Gramma. Let's just say they hated each other. It might have been because they Sixline had been in the tank months before the Royal Gramma, not sure though. If you are going to get both, I would add them both at the same time, as your last fish to the tank.

Either way I would add the Sixline last.

I hope this is helpful! :)

Back
Top Bottom