New 55 gal build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm new to saltwater. I had a saltwater setup for years, when I moved I took it down and sold everything except for the tank and lights. I've been storing the tank in my garage for the past 5 years. Now I'm setting it up for saltwater. Starting out FOWLR, but I want to go reef in the future.

I just finished building a custom stand. I filled up the tank in my garage and I'm planning on letting it sit full for 4-5 days to make sure it still holds water. So far so good.

I'm ordering 50lbs of rock from reefrock.net and then adding about 5lbs of fully cured rock from my LFS. As far as cycling the tank, I was planning on getting a couple inexpensive hardy fish like damsels to get it going. Would it be better to do a fish less cycle? I've seen a lot of posts that mention dosing with ammonia? Thanks for the help.

I meant to say "I had a freshwater tank for years" sorry.

I would go fishless for the cycle. A raw shrimp from the grocer. Damsels are evil bastards the LFS won't take back. I wish I had it in me to flush them, but alas I dont.

Back
Top Bottom