New 72 gallon Bow Front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay did some quick test

Amonia 5.0 could be higher
Nitrite 1.0
Nitrate 5-10 ppm

Skimmer really been pulling out some green stuff so I guess that means it working

67lbs of Liverock now

Amonia 8
Nitrate 1.0
Nitrate 10
PH 8.2

Attachments

• 009bb.jpg
    009bb.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 69
Wow, I didn't see that before. Make sure you're test kit is reading accurately. Take some water to an LFS and have them confirm. It's not good for your ammonia to be that high. If you're not already, be prepared to do a large water change.

I would retest for sure. You could have done the test incorrectly. I have done the same thing and after testing again found my error.

I agree with Neilan take some water to your LFS and have them confirm your results.

Test for 12/31

Amn about 4ppm
Nitrite 1
nitrate 20

Amn has dropped some Nitrite seem to be steady and nitrates have gone up

I think I might I found my biggest section of where my amonia was coming from. I decided to take the big sponge thing that conects to the inlet of the pump out of my sump and there was alot of trash in and under it. I guess the whole time its jsut been collecting there and building up. So I have just removed it for now.

Looks like my amonia has finially came down looks like its about 2 now. Having someone to come check out that knows a little more about it to come just look at it today for a 2nd opinion on everyhting

Looks Like my amonia has drop down some more may be on my way for sure now : ) Im thinking about turning my middle section to a refugium can a normal like bulb work for that?

Looks Like Diatoms are showing up now. And also the red light at night really works to see whats living inside the LR I was like wow. Also the guy that came over and looked at my tank here are a few things he did.
1st thing he did was completely take off the glass covers.
2nd said my sump was little on the fast side and I will need to get a valve on the return pump.
3rd said my lights will need to be changed ever 6 months.
4th re-pointed my power heads.
5th told me to make my middle a refugium.
6th Told me I should change from Instant Ocean Salt Mix

Attachments

• 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 003b.jpg
    003b.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 004b.jpg
    004b.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 005b.jpg