New Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nestor29

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 29g tank with about 30lbs of life rock, CUC, 2 clowns... I have a Marineland Bio Wheel 350 filter that is making a rattling noise from the impeller and looking to replace it. I run it w/out the Bio Wheels n I like the fact that there is enough room for more filter media. Any ideas on some good filters? Don't have room for a sump...

BTW I have a couple of red mushrooms too and planing on going the reef route after I figure out the filter situation.

I was looking into this canister filter... http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-STAGE-EXT...584?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a19bfd80

What do you guys think?

I have the same canister without the uv. The canister works great but I don't run it on my tank all the time. I just use it to run chem filtration on occasion like carbon. I did run it for about 2 months when I first setup the tank.

The problem with canisters is they are nitrate factories. Gunk gets clogged in them and breaks down to produce nitrates. So they require weekly or twice a week cleaning.

Live rock is the only bio filtration you need. I would consider getting more live rock or base rock and instead of the canister.

Upgrading to a 40 gallon...will be setting up a sump...

Back
Top Bottom