new sump setup help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea that makes sense..Ok thanks Alot I think I should be fine with what I have then.. I just need to get it all up and running hopefully this friday..

black pvc? i don't think i've seen that before. i've seen it in gray though, and it's fine to use. as long as it's not painted it should be fine.

Well maybe its not pvc but its a black one like the ones they usually use for bathroom drains and such

the only thing i know that's black and used for drains is cast iron. i don't think i've ever seen black plastic drain pipes, but maybe they sell them out where you live. again, if the color is completely through the plastic, i don't see how it could be a problem to use.

ok i just setup my sump and i apears to be running okay so far.. i will post pics when i take some..but does anyone know how to adjust the reef octopus sro1000int.. i am not sure how to adjust it..

i have my skimmer in my sump now and i tried adjusting my knob on the skimmer in both directions (on and off direction) and i get alot of water that flows into the collection cup

10 inches of water?
if you adjust it all the way down, and it still overflows, it might need some break in time. just let it run like that overnight.

Well my baffles are 8.5 inches high so its sitting in 8.5inches of water.. Ill let it run then..should I have the valve all away on or off..

What should I use as my substrate in my fuge.. I read miracle mud or live sand? Or even regular sand? How deep of a sand bed is needed..my baffles are 8.5 high so I dont think I can do 6 inches of sand since I need to leave room for chaeto

i read of a study done on miracle mud and they found nothing that suggested it came from the ocean. i found pieces of red brick and shiny man made substances in mine that resembled shards of plastic. it's from someone's back yard IMO.
i suggest a sand bed. the refugium is a good place for a dsb if that's what you like.
i always preferred a couple inches of sand and some live rock rubble.

so a deep sand bed insnt really necassary for my fuge correct..main reason i want my fuge is for copepods and such...

Back
Top Bottom