New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zapdbf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, i am new to this forum, and i am setting up a new tank again, i hope that you guys can help me through the rough spots. i have a 65 gal tank and i first set it up in feb 05 and was going strong untill i introduced a blue tang into the tank and inside of a week all my fish had died. well i was very depressed about this and left my tank empty for about 4 months. well i am now ready to try again. i would like to avoid the last diszaster that i had. I have conditioned the water and got the selenity correct. i have done some inital tests and have found no ammonia, nitrates or nitrites. my ph is a little low about 8.0 - 8.1 i saw somewhere i could use baking soda to bring the ph up, Is this a safe practice ?

Welcome to AA. I think some people do but I think and use Kent Marine Superbuffer. It does more than the baking soda. Also helps with the Alk

Also I forgot to say the problem you had in the past is that your blue tang probably got stressed out from the size of the tank and got ick. They need at least 100 gallon tank. Be patient this time and study up what can go in your tank

I have heard of using baking soda. I use superbuffer. It is cheap and helps in other areas like melosu said.

Back
Top Bottom