New to Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
I don't think clowns "need" a nem. I don't have one and there fine. Tank is almost a year old.

Ok I will consider it for sure! Your aquarium is very appealing! Do you mind listing the corals and fish you have?

S_Hurley said:
Ok I will consider it for sure! Your aquarium is very appealing! Do you mind listing the corals and fish you have?

Sure no problem and thank you.

Stock is:

2 clowns
2 cardinals
1 fire fish
1 6 line
1 harlequin shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
3 cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp
1 blood shrimp
1 orange brittle star
Assorted snails and hermits

Corals:

Monti's
Duncan's
Open brain
Assorted zoas
Pulsing Xenia
Assorted mushrooms
Ricordias
Leather
Torch
Candy cane
Bubble tip

I think that's it lol

Bio Cube 29

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
Sure no problem and thank you.

Stock is:

2 clowns
2 cardinals
1 fire fish
1 6 line
1 harlequin shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
3 cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp
1 blood shrimp
1 orange brittle star
Assorted snails and hermits

Corals:

Monti's
Duncan's
Open brain
Assorted zoas
Pulsing Xenia
Assorted mushrooms
Ricordias
Leather
Torch

Thanks so much! I'm going to check out a lot of your coral! Did you get them online or your local pet store?

Convict2161 said:
Most from my LFS. Some from reefs2go.

Ok I'll check that out! We're they very expensive, also did you put them in before you cycled.

obscurereef said:
How the heck are you keeping a harlequin shrimp and a brittle star?! :confused:...that's crazy.

Harlequin shrimp feed exclusively on chocolate chip stars. They won't go after a brittle unless really hungry. When I see her I feed her right away. The brittle was a hitchhiker anyway lol.

Alright one more question, so what is this whole thing about currents?

Creates more aeration and flow...usually you can just buy a separate powerhead like a koralia evolution, or if you want to go expensive, but awesome, a vortech pump by ecotech.

Harlequin shrimp feed exclusively on chocolate chip stars. They won't go after a brittle unless really hungry. When I see her I feed her right away. The brittle was a hitchhiker anyway lol.

Oh I just assumed that they ate any type of starfish. You feed her when you see her, so you have starfish on hand? Frozen starfish? I don't know, sounds really interesting. Sorry to interrupt the thread.

obscurereef said:
Oh I just assumed that they ate any type of starfish. You feed her when you see her, so you have starfish on hand? Frozen starfish? I don't know, sounds really interesting. Sorry to interrupt the thread.

No problem, I have chocolate stars in the back chamber of my BC29, I always keep 1-2 in there.

Convict2161 said:
No problem, I have chocolate stars in the back chamber of my BC29, I always keep 1-2 in there.

What is a BC29 lol

Back
Top Bottom